November Trip to Maui: Help needed in planning trip to another island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm really glad to hear that the Manta dive is an good dive for a first night dive. I know my wife can do it, she just needs some coaxing to get out of her comfort zone. She wouldn't dive under 60 feet and was scared of sharks on our first dive. By dive 15, she's been to 108 feet and was petting a nurse shark the last time out! The night dive is just another one of those things.

DiveMaven...thanks for the info. I too almost prefer to boat dive just for the ease of it and since I have never been there before. I'm still researching. I'm thinking I might back off of Lahaina Divers...and maybe pick a different dive op. Back to the drawing board. I'll look into driving down to Kihei.

Thank you all too for the Kona dive options.

Hey Everyone...I have a non-dive related question about hiking in Maui. My brother and sister-in-law have signed up for a tour with Hike Maui. The cost is $124 per person. Is this tour worth the money or can you not hike the same or similar trails by just driving up and walking yourself? Do you have any recommendations on what trails to hike?
East Maui Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike | Hike MauiHike Maui

Other trails
Maui Hiking Trails

I'm in process of booking my dives with Maui Pacific divers. We're diving with them for 3 days. The first day is Carthaginian, the second day Lanai Cathedrals, and then third dive is Molokini. Of course, the Molokini dive is definitely more expensive than the rest. These will be our only dives in Maui. My question is...is it worth it to dive Molokini? I've been on a lot of dives and don't mind going if its really special, but I don't want to boat down there and pay the high price if its not. Any help is appreciated.

$169 for a 2-tank to Molokini is really expensive. In contrast you could do a 3-tank with Ed Robinsons which would include at least one dive at Molokini for the same price. Also, unless you really enjoy long boat rides, driving to Kihei and going from there is much faster. You'll also want to be prepared for a rough ride back as the trade winds pick up at around noon, which has made for some pretty uncomfortable boat rides back from Molokini or Lanai to Lahaina.

When I stayed in the Lahaina area, I drove down to Kihei for my three tank dive trip to Molokini (and two closer sites). Very much worth it.

Yes. Quality operation. Once they see you know what you're doing they pretty much leave you alone and let you dive your dive, but are quite willing to point out the cryptic critters and answer ecological questions during surface intervals.

I think I'm going to bypass Molokini and go with their Lanai Adventure dive. I'd love to jump dive ops but they don't offer the 3 tank the day we need it and we will lose our multi day discount too. I appreciate the info though.

Back
Top Bottom