Nurse Shark Attack!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HOLY $#@€! Dude! That's awful. I shudder to think. Must hurt like a . . .

:(

Helluva a way to lose a couple of vacation pounds.

Definitely not nurse shark. Didn't believe it to be nurse when you first told us it was chasing a fish. SON of a . . .!

Thanks for the pic. Must be painful and no doubt will be for a while. Thank goodness it wasn't any worse! :hm: do you mind if I make one of those for my wound collection? I develop wounds for Casualty simulation. That would be a good one to freak out the competitors in one of our disaster exercises or first aid competitions:)

Outstanding battle scar. Should be fun showing the girls. :thumb:

Dang, that is gonna leave a mark.

I don't know what a nurse shark looks like so I guess I am gonna say it looks like a reef shark to me.

(I haven't seen a reef shark bite for real either).

I was at Mr Sancho's when this attack happened. This guy was standing in the water almost chest deep with friends holding his drink. All of a sudden he was knocked back and his friends started yelling shark. They all got out of the water. The guy bit was holding his stomach and blood was coming through his fingers dripping all the way up the beach. He sat on a bench area and workers attended to him. This guy was as calm as could be. He never dropped his drink and continued to drink it while waiting for the medics to arrive. At no time did the workers at Mr Sancho's warn any of the swimmers of the attack. There were numerous children in the inflatable water park and they were never warned or told to get out of the water. My friend was in the water 10 feet from this attack with his 13 year old daughter. If I didn't see it I wouldn't believe it. Something I'll never forget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom