Nurse Shark Attack!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

---------- Post added April 23rd, 2014 at 12:06 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Like I said happened really fast. Standing there drinking, talking and watching clouds and all of a sudden feels like something has hit me below water. Look down and see fish and shark both a foot under top of water did not have mask so not a really great view but not what I expected. Hits again quickly, both times leaving bite wounds second ripping flesh with it softball size in roundness my belly button being the center of attraction. All i can think is to tell friend and people around there is a shark while trying to protect myself and get to shore having no clue what is next. I have had big catfish bite my legs in Oklahoma lakes while standing in water but it is no big deal, kind of fun. This did not feel like fun, way more forcefull and business like. Not what I had expected seeing a shark on me, happened fast and not a like I wanted to stand there and watch. Wish I had instant replay to review.Shark I say was aggressive at the least. Doctor told me day I left while cleaning wounds he would guess it was a small bull shark by teeth marks. Small is the big word for which I'm glad.

Good thing shark didn't bite a bit lower, eh?

Glad it turned out fairly well...

I wish I could have seen the result at Mr. Sancho's when you come out of the water bleeding and yelling "shark."

Without having seen the shark, or even the bite, my guess is that it was a reefy. They are quick little buggers and unlike a bull, they almost never cause serious damage.

I wish I could have seen the result at Mr. Sancho's when you come out of the water bleeding and yelling "shark."

You know what is interesting, is no one on the cruise boards has mentioned this yet. And they freak out over everything- and Mr. Sanchos is an incredibly popular topic.

Try it again now. You have the required 5 posts it takes to make it so you can post a picture.

Trying to post picture, but unable to. Any advise?

cut.JPG

Ouch!!!

We have seen photos of the wound…not a big deal, and will try to post here if I can get a copy. I've probably had worse bites from tiny grouper teeth back when it was allowed/required show and I was learning to feed them.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Is this the same pic that you saw? Looks pretty serious to me. Doesn't look like a nurse shark bite to me but rather more like a reef shark.

I'm gunna take a wild guess that is was more like a bad abrasion vs a laceration???????......Any sutures required???..

Looks like more than that.

Sent from my LT26w using Tapatalk

Last edited:
HOLY F!!!! Damn DUDE! Where is your belly button!??!!!

That is not going to buff out.

Tell the guys at work that's what happens when real men slide belly first down a 12:12 roof with no shirt on

Back
Top Bottom