Nurse Shark Attack!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The photo I saw was after the hanging piece of skin was removed, and the wound cleaned up. It did not look nearly as bad.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

The photo I saw was after the hanging piece of skin was removed, and the wound cleaned up. It did not look nearly as bad.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

So... a nice, clean GIANT hole? :)

Looks like it needed a big ole hole patch!

Gonna need a couple of these

12341.jpg
787-bnp-dap-drydex-wall-repair-patch-kit.jpg

---------- Post added April 25th, 2014 at 12:53 PM ----------

He sat on a bench area and workers attended to him. This guy was as calm as could be. He never dropped his drink and continued to drink it while waiting for the medics to arrive.

I like this guy. He knows his priorities!

He's a tradesman, just a flesh wound, no need for panic, might want to order a double for the next round to help kill the pain

This is so freaky! I am amazed at how well you handled the situation Roofer! I am far from an expert when it comes to sharks, but I have always been fascinated by them and have had the great fortune of diving with them. Here are my amateur theories: 1) Not a nurse shark. When they bite they tend to latch on. They are smooth versus other sharks which are abrasive 2) Not a reef shark. Their aggressive tendencies occur more during a feeding frenzy with other sharks present, plus they are very shy. Between the bumping and the wound abrasions, my guess would be a small bull.

Again, this is must my speculation as a shark nerd. I notice that you have a penrose drain in place. Good call by the doctor! It gives blood and pus an escape route which helps keep you more comfortable. I hope you are still on antibiotics. Thanks for posting the pics and updates. You may consider also posting on the shark forum for more feedback and theories.

Shark Forum!

Roofer, it's time to start working on a better story to go with the scar. I've got an scar on a finger from an actual piranha bite, (no lie). My story usually goes "did you see the scene in the movie Jeremiah Johnson where he catches a trout by tickling it's belly? Well that doesn't work with piranha!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom