Nusa Lembongan, Raja Ampat and Lembeh Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I e-mail several dive centers in Lembeh and Ambon. Either late response or no space available for last minute booking,
A pity, we could have met in Ambon! :wink:

How do you get the colour that intense? Amazing.

Wisnu, very very impressive photos. Well done very sharp and colourful in the macro detail.

Thanks Gavin,
I do not regret with 60mm macro bought just before the trip
great value lens
thanks to the friendly lembeh critters

---------- Post added February 11th, 2013 at 10:53 AM ----------

A pity, we could have met in Ambon! :wink:

my bad luck for Ruinart champagne - I believe it better than KZ vodka:D

---------- Post added February 11th, 2013 at 10:55 AM ----------

How do you get the colour that intense? Amazing.

most of Lembeh night critters has very intense color - plus the black sandy bottom make Lembeh very addicted

i really enjoy reading your blogs and photos, you are a very excellent writer and photographer. i was there staying with bastianos lembeh when they were still building (half finish) few years ago.
i hope one day we meet somewhere diving in our homeland.

Wow Wisnu! What a delightful report! Awesome pics and videos! I am so glad to hear that your daughter is doing well now! I too like the North better than the south in RA. I just remember fish fish fish everywhere you looked. Sometimes it is hard to see the other divers because the fish are so thick. That said, I do like the South as well! I think you will be up for "Best dive report" award on scuba board! Looking forward to your next trip report!!:0)

Though am I wrong to say R4 looks less colorful than Nusa Penida for instance (comparing with videos), and it's more of a fish place than a coral place.

Luko the other factoro reducing the color is the poor viz that is common in R4. 15m viz was about the max we got in our trip, and on some dives it was a good deal less than that. Definitely nothing like the 50m gin clear water you have in Nusa Laut where I'm sure everthing shimmers and sparkles in the sunlight.
There was tons of healthy coral in both N & S R4. But in all honesty when you are swimming through swarms of fish you hardly even notice the coral.

Almitch, what vis was it like for you in neptune fansea aka gorgonian patch. On that dive we must have had 40m+ prob as it was a channel. But yes all others were 10m average in sth and 15m average in north.

i really enjoy reading your blogs and photos, you are a very excellent writer and photographer. i was there staying with bastianos lembeh when they were still building (half finish) few years ago.
i hope one day we meet somewhere diving in our homeland.

Thanks,
we can't say we're photographer - we take pictures as this is the only thing we can take from the water:wink:
more than happy to meet anybody here, our next trip will march - no firm location, probably bangka,

---------- Post added February 13th, 2013 at 11:58 PM ----------

Great report Wisnu!
Having a child sick in Indo is pretty scary, very glad to hear she is happy and healthy.

Thanks AlMich,
actualy not that bad, as we are "local"

---------- Post added February 14th, 2013 at 12:04 AM ----------

Wow Wisnu! What a delightful report! Awesome pics and videos! I am so glad to hear that your daughter is doing well now! I too like the North better than the south in RA. I just remember fish fish fish everywhere you looked. Sometimes it is hard to see the other divers because the fish are so thick. That said, I do like the South as well! I think you will be up for "Best dive report" award on scuba board! Looking forward to your next trip report!!:0)

Jake11
Thanks,
Indeed, the simple way to express R4 diving is fish - copy and paste 1000x
I can't compare with South, never been there, misool is out of our budget; hope someday ... I win a lottery :D

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom