Nusa Lembongan, Raja Ampat and Lembeh Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Almitch, what vis was it like for you in neptune fansea aka gorgonian patch. On that dive we must have had 40m+ prob as it was a channel. But yes all others were 10m average in sth and 15m average in north.

We did do a dive down in the South called Gorgoninan ...something which was in a narrowish channel between two islands but the viz was pretty average there. Not sure if its the same dive site you are talking about. Definitely never had any 40m+ viz dives... I definitely would remember that.

Hi Wisnu
i will be off too in march for diving for 10 days, as usual i will be by myself again without my wife and baby son. i have not decided where to dive since it is rainy season, i have been thinking either Bangka/ bunaken or Komodo .

eric

We did do a dive down in the South called Gorgoninan ...something which was in a narrowish channel between two islands but the viz was pretty average there. Not sure if its the same dive site you are talking about. Definitely never had any 40m+ viz dives... I definitely would remember that.

That sounds like the one.. It was the only day in the South the sun came out and that plus the clear water was a huge bonus. But do I take my wide angle? Nooooo ..chasing misool pygmy in fans and didnt come across any on that dive. I remember a ripping current..

That sounds like the one.. It was the only day in the South the sun came out and that plus the clear water was a huge bonus. But do I take my wide angle? Nooooo ..chasing misool pygmy in fans and didnt come across any on that dive. I remember a ripping current..

We did this dive on Christmas day and were blessed with seeing one of the tiny red Misool Pygmy (is that the informal name for the reported new Denise pygmy species?). Tiny and beautiful. That dive was particularly pretty especially when you surface right at the bottom of the tall cliffs. Later that day we also saw Manat for the first time, ever, so it was a very special Christmas!

Hello. Thank you for the post.
How would you compare Raja Ampat to the other dives you've done in Indonesia? I have 28 dives so far and am not confident in current. I would love to go there but am a bit nervous. Do you think there are other places in Indonesia that are comparable? I am interested in lots and lots of color and soft coral.
Thank you

Hi Lisa,
Not all sites in R4 has strong current though some sites are the best to dive when there's current and might require negative entry and swim to the sweet spot.
In my opinion, Komodo has more ripping current than R4. We love both - and we also love many dive site in Indonesia with mild and or no current at all. We are also addicted with muck diving - typically no current.
For first time to Indonesia, I suggest you try Bali - it has almost everything for all level though not as spectacular as R4 or Komodo in term of fish density and diversity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom