O-Ring responsiblity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick method to remove tank o ring.
Attach reg and pressurize to about 700psi, turn off valve and now quickly unscrew yoke knob. If the leak isn't too bad this will "pop" the o ring out of the groove.
If this doesn't work its the dental pick, ice pick or knife tip.
To replace press o ring into the groove with your thumb....you probably won't get it in all the way (around) then attach reg and carefully tighten whilst twisting the 1st stage making sure you don't pinch and cut the o ring.

Last edited:
Quick method to remove tank o ring.
Attach reg and pressurize to about 700psi, turn off valve and now quickly unscrew yoke knob. If the leak isn't too bad this will "pop" the o ring out of the groove.
If this doesn't work its the dental pick, ice pick or knife tip.
To replace press o ring into the groove with your thumb....you probably won't get it in all the way (around) then attach reg and carefully tighten whilst twisting the 1st stage making sure you don't pinch and cut the o ring.

Did just that by accident the other day. Thought I had fully depressurized the regulator and started unscrewing the yoke knob. Wasn't really expecting that pop, made the captain laugh quite a bit and by some miracle I didn't even lose the o-ring (but it wouldn't have mattered since I had spares).

Although I prefer to carry a big pin with my o-rings to help with removal, it's less annoying for everybody else around.

Where can I find o-ring for Princeton Tech Shockwave LED light? Any ideas?

Cheapest I found was $.02 each (50 for $1) for the 2-014, Buna, duro70). I don't know why shops don't hand out one with each purchase. I bought a bag and have then attached to every one of my tank valve covers and every 1st stage cover, and a few more in my save-a-dive kit. I have saved a few folks dives with them. The difference between a good o-ring and a bad o-ring may be one more cycle or even just a temperamental 1st stage fitting. Always carry spares and something to dig the old one out.

O-rings Online Frameset

Aoptec charges $7.50 shipping on all orders. Their min order is $5. You can get a bunch of yoke face orings for that price if you ask your LDS.

If you need bulk amounts, go to McMaster-Carr, and order part # 5308T123. $1.87 per 100

If you want Viton Orings, it will be $13 per 100 and part # 8297T124. Mcmaster always charges me $5 for shipping no matter how much stuff I order at a time.

You are looking for size #014 in a Shore A hardness of 90 Durometer. 70 Duro will extrude like crazy, and won't last long.

You can replace a face oring very easily with a brass pick. I find it easiest to get it back on by pressing it in with the A-Clamp from a Yoke reg; as you tighten it down, the oring gets seated perfectly.

If you're looking for a generic sized Oring, just measure it, and look it up at a place like McMaster. Some scuba gear, like the Viking dry gloves, use metric O-Rings, and the standard US sizes don't have an equivalent.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom