Oasis vs Titan reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C2001

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought a Sherwood Oasis reg. I was thinking about taking it back before I use it and trade it for a Aqua Lung Titan. Which one should I use?

I have an older Sherwood Oasis and I love it. I have gone diving deep, cold, and all over from Oregon to Israel.

My PADI Instructor son dives with an older AquaLung - Conshelf IV. It's also a great regulator.

What we have found with both Sherwood and AquaLung is that you can get them serviced anywhere in the world.

If I were you I'd choose the Sherwood - but from what I have heard I might buy Sherwood's new SR1.

drdaddy

Conshelf or Titan...I have a bunch of them. I wouldnt give Sherwood a penny...my experience with their service was all bad.

Good Luck,
U/O

I'd go with the titan. Ditto to what U/O said about service (My opinion).
I have the titan LX supreme (cold water) and it is one sweet reg.
Conshelfs are basically the same reg internally with # and location of
ports on 1st. stage varying. I have conshelf 14s and also a set of
conshelf 21's. All are bullit proof and breath easy.
The only criticism I've heard about titan and conshelf is that inspection
is a little bit more expensive. Though I have not seen this.
You might want to review older threads of HALLMAC on the board here,
his knowledge of Aqualung/US Divers regs is awesome.
Luck PORBEAGLE

I would also go with the titan.. nice reg...but will bet there are just as many that like the Sherwood...your choice in the end.. so make yourself happy.

I'd go with the titan. Ditto to what U/O said about service (My opinion).
I have the titan LX supreme (cold water) and it is one sweet reg.
Conshelfs are basically the same reg internally with # and location of
ports on 1st. stage varying. I have conshelf 14s and also a set of
conshelf 21's. All are bullit proof and breath easy.
The only criticism I've heard about titan and conshelf is that inspection
is a little bit more expensive. Though I have not seen this.
You might want to review older threads of HALLMAC on the board here,
his knowledge of Aqualung/US Divers regs is awesome.
Luck PORBEAGLE

Does your Con 21 growl on the surface?

I have dived both Sherwood and Aqua Lung regs extensively. Sherwood (except the SR-1, which is too new to have established a track record) sets the bar for dependability. Worldwide, Aqua Lung has a much larger service network. In the US and Caribbean, Sherwood service is readily available. The Titan, which is essentially a reworked Conshelf, has been around for many, many years, and is also extremely dependable. I have had both on deep air dives well beyond recreational limits. At deeper depths, I would say that the Titan breaths a little easier, but the Sherwood is not as bad as cyberdivers would have one believe. I have not dived my Oasis in several years, since my g/f has adopted it and will not turn loose. Although she has tried one of my Titans, she goes back to the Sherwood because she gets no dry mouth and the larger exhaust tee gives less bubble interference with her photography.

Mind if I ask why you want to take the regulator back before you've used it? And, of all the regulators out there, what was it about these two that made you choose them? I'm just curious, so of course an answer of "None of your business!" is perfectly OK. Thanks.

i got a Sherwood sr1 and i love it great reg at any depth and my daughter has an oasis and won't trade it for nothing my other daughter has the titan LX and wont trade for any other my advice to you see if you can rent them so you can try before you buy as you can see in our case everyone as different taste and all 3 are really great regs
in any case, if you don't like it don't use it you'll find something wrong
with it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom