Oceanic Atom 1.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255:
I saw it a DEMA. It was a nice size. Small enough that you could wear it as a normal wristwatch but large enough to see easily.

It uses the same Algorithim that the VTPro, Versa Pro and VEO 200 use.

Yep it's manufactured by Pelagic

It does allow for the use of up to 3 mixes though, which is a feature not present on any of the other pelagic computers.

I've got one on order, with the understanding that I'll either go the Atom route or the Nemo route, depending on which one I like better when I can personally play with them.

LP sells VT for $615 and Atom for $650. I like my Versa Pro but will eventually upgrade to hoseless.

One thing to keep in mind about the Atom, if you are going to use the air integration feature.

The main display does NOT show the air pressure. I think it does show the 'time remaining' that's the smaller of NDL and 'remaining air time', but in order to see the actual pressure value, you need to press a button to switch to a secondary display.

For me, this almost defeats the purpose of having air integration. The only advantage over a non-AI computer then would be giving you the SAC when you download data from the computer. This is because I can just as easily reach for an SPG as press a button on the computer.

my local shop has one and he wont sell it he is using it for himself say he loves it and he has no trouble reading it .

I just bought one about a month ago and I love this computer. The display is larger than a normal watch but not as big as a dive computer and easy to read even in low vis. The buttons are small but oceanic made the display cover so it covers the buttons and makes them easy to push. At first I didn't like the second display for tank pressure but it is very easy to get to, one button and is easy to read. I had my eye on the vt pro but chose the atom because it came with the software and the cable and made it cheaper.

How do you like the Oceanic Atom 1.0. I'm thinking of buying but not sure, I do not know of anyone who has one. Your opion would be great.
Thanks
Blake

I have one and it is awesome. It has a display that is larger than a normal watch and is easy to read....however as stated above, you do have to flip through a couple screens to get all the info. I use the main display and flip to the tank pressure display to check my gas. It can read 3 transmitters so I have transmitters on the 2nd HP port on 2 other regs and use it to check my students supply. It has a nice back light display and it can be worn as a large watch in day to day life. I have only had it a couple weeks but I am happy with it. On a scale from 1 to 10...at this point I would give it an 8.

OceanusDC:
It can read 3 transmitters so I have transmitters on the 2nd HP port on 2 other regs and use it to check my students supply.

Hey, that's a great idea!
I don't think it's worth the several hundred dollars needed for the two extra transmitters, but if you got them for another purpose, that's a pretty cool use of them.

But then again, you're getting keyman price for them right? If so, maybe the convenience is worth the price. :wink:

OceanusDC:
It can read 3 transmitters so I have transmitters on the 2nd HP port on 2 other regs and use it to check my students supply.

Is there a mode that you can put it in where it only calculates NDLs, etc from 1 gas supply? You'd think it would give some sort of error if all 3 gases are being drained at the same time, but I guess not. I'd assume that you're breathing air with students, but with Nitrox, this would get significantly more complicated...

What kind of range do you get from the transmitters? On my VT Pro it seems like ~2ft is about all that it'll pick up. The transmitter is the same as the Atom, but the Atom may pickup the signal better than the VT Pro.

Has anyone had any problems with the ATOM 1.0? My first dive it worked perfect, I was so impressed. But the watch flooded on my second dive, lost contact with the transmitter at 100', kept beeping at me that I was too deep and read my depth th 233'. It cut my dive trip to florida early and I was very disapointed. Oceanic was great with the return, I had a new computer within 4 days along with a paid return slip. I haven't dove with the new computer yet, hopefully in August, I'm just a bit nervous and wondering if anyone else has had any problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom