Oceanic Atom 1.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, at this point the students and I are just on air. I don't think I will try that with Nitrox on the students....not yet anyway. I have had no troubles, no flooding, fogging or transmitter drop out at arms length. You do need to be 2-3 feet from the transmitter on the students to pick up their signals. It is the same transmitter I think as on the other Oceanic wireless computers. Now I am looking forward to the mask intergrated computer due out in November from Oceanic. Dang its fun to get toys!

I have the VT Pro and was thinking of upgrading to the Atom. One thing is that I don't really like the ocean log software program, I find it very non user friendly. Also, my computer can only log 24 dives, not nearly enough to keep the data till I get back to the computer (my last dive trip I did 54 dives). Other than that I love my VT Pro, but its pretty big, thats why I was thinking of going to the Atom 1 but now that I've read that the pressure remaining is not on the primary screen I'm starting to have second thoughts as I love being able to just glance down and see how much air I have at a moment's notice, it also lets you keep an eye on your air when you're looking at other figures such as your depth or ppO2.

It's not that big of a deal, if you don't check on your air consumption for a while it will prompt you. It is a great size and very easy to read,I have 35 dives on mine and love it.

medic13:
my local shop has one and he wont sell it he is using it for himself say he loves it and he has no trouble reading it .

I just saw your pics and they are very impressive. What camera do you use? How did you get such vivid colours? I have a Canon S60 with underwater case. Any recommendations?

You can email me at ekiledjian@hotmail.com

Thanks

ekiledjian:
I just saw your pics and they are very impressive. What camera do you use? How did you get such vivid colours? I have a Canon S60 with underwater case. Any recommendations?

You can email me at ekiledjian@hotmail.com

Thanks
Thanks my self I am still learning most of the pictures I took this last time wear in Cozumel wear the water is clear and very colorful, some off the coast of NC are in good water but of course not as clear as Cozumel, I am using like most hear an OLYMPUS C 5050 with PT-015 housing with INON 180 strobe, I feel the strobe really helps with most of the pictures as far as bringing out the color,
I am still learning my self, some like DEE and few others been at it for good time and take excellent pictures.

Hi All,

Any update or new development regarding the sent-back of the Atom dive comm? Dont get such kinda feedbacks around this region, the sole distributor for Oceanic was just trying to sell me one this week.

Cheers

So does anyone know if the Atom is a full DECO computer? I cannot find info on their site indicating if it is, while the rival Suunto Vytec is (or at least it is stated to be).

I currently use the VT PRO but would like to upgrade to the Atom if it has the full DECO mode, since with the multiple transmitters you could use one for the air/travel, nitrox/bottom and O2 on the deco stop, and switch between them when needed. So I am not sure if I want to shell out the full $1500 for a 'tech/trimix' computer or if the Atom will do the same.

Aqua Ho:
So does anyone know if the Atom is a full DECO computer? I cannot find info on their site indicating if it is, while the rival Suunto Vytec is (or at least it is stated to be).

I currently use the VT PRO but would like to upgrade to the Atom if it has the full DECO mode, since with the multiple transmitters you could use one for the air/travel, nitrox/bottom and O2 on the deco stop, and switch between them when needed. So I am not sure if I want to shell out the full $1500 for a 'tech/trimix' computer or if the Atom will do the same.

Yes, it is a full deco computer. The multiple transmitter idea was designed for just the purpose you describe above. On the other hand, with decompression diving, your computer is just a safety back up since you should be planning your dive with your deco software and diving your plan. All you really need is a bottom timer.

FYI the Atom's transmitter(s) will function to 100m depth.

Just came back from test diving my Atom :eyebrow: at "Hardeep" wreck and Shark Fin Rock/Sun Chalarm, Satthahip, Thailand.

Did two dives, down to 27m and 22m respectively - Atom was very easy and intuitive to use. Did not encounter any problems. Transmitter worked well with no loss of connection.

Back
Top Bottom