Oceanic Atom 1.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to check with Atom owners, when in Guage mode, does the Atom have a resetable stopwatch timer, just like the Stinger?

Thanks in advance

filtered:
I'd like to check with Atom owners, when in Guage mode, does the Atom have a resetable stopwatch timer, just like the Stinger?

I've never used the Atom in Gauge mode but as far as I can tell from studying the manual, the answer is no.

Vie:
my Atom is 08/04 (origin Oceanic Japan).

I've had some problem with loading the dives from my Atom into my PC. The Atom is fine, the OceanLog program is fine (very easy to use infact), the USB cable is fine, but the connection fails more often than not so it takes ages for me to actually get the dives into OceanLog. It's not a problem with the cable or clip so maybe it's due to my ancient (Windows ME) PC.

I had this same problem with my VT Pro and OceanLog software, and I was using a newer PC running XP. My only explanation is that OceanLog and Oceanic PDC links are finnicky at best. I just sold my OceanLog software and PC interface for this reason and that my PDC could only hold 24 dives (not enough for one dive trip).

So those of you who own the Atom 1.0, have the bugs been worked out yet?!

No problems downloading my dives into the computer (XP) from Atom.

However, I do have to be careful, when saving the dives, you have a choice to place new dives at the end or beginning of your existing dive history. Missed this a couple of times (put them at the beginning as default) and now the chronlogy of my list is all messed up and I can't figure out how to collate it back to normal...

jagfish:
No problems downloading my dives into the computer (XP) from Atom.

However, I do have to be careful, when saving the dives, you have a choice to place new dives at the end or beginning of your existing dive history. Missed this a couple of times (put them at the beginning as default) and now the chronlogy of my list is all messed up and I can't figure out how to collate it back to normal...

I haven't had any problems downloading since I switched to XP. However, don't get me started about manual entry with OceanLog - whenever I save, it just screws up some of the information when I open it up again. Anyway, my short term solution is: no manual entry! As for the problem mentioned above - there is no way to alter the chronology of the dives onced you've chosen where to put it before downloading - the only solution is to download it again but if the dives have been overwritten on your Atom then you are out of luck. It appears that Oceanlog is full of (unpleasant) surprises.

Hi guys. Just bought an oceanic Atom today. Got no clue bout the detailed tech just learning. But at a simple level installed the included usb interface and oceanlog software on windows xp2 and when uploading settings specificied on the software into the watch it send spurious answers. In my case I tried to set the maximum depth alarm to 52m. When the upload goes through it sets it at 19m everytime and displays that both on the computer and on the watch ????? Also it extremely temperamental. Out of about every 10 times i connect it 4 times it comes up wet (u can only upload when the unit is dry) This is annoying when they thing has never been in the water. How long will it be before u can upload when it has been in the water. Also everytime its done an upload or download, or a connection fails u have to remove the watch for 10seconds and then reconnect to make a further conenction.

speedfreak1982:
How long will it be before u can upload when it has been in the water. Also everytime its done an upload or download, or a connection fails u have to remove the watch for 10seconds and then reconnect to make a further conenction.

I have my Atom set at a 2-second interval sampling rate - this means I have to download data after every one or two dives into my laptop to prevent the data from being overwritten. Anyway, I just dunk the Atom in fresh water and then wipe it and then connect the interface/USB cable. I’ve never had a problem with it showing “wet”.

Vie:
I have my Atom set at a 2-second interval sampling rate - this means I have to download data after every one or two dives into my laptop to prevent the data from being overwritten. Anyway, I just dunk the Atom in fresh water and then wipe it and then connect the interface/USB cable. I’ve never had a problem with it showing “wet”.

K mate like i say not tried the reality. Just not sure why it was showing WET when it had never been wet. Maybe just grease on contacts from touching it or something. And it still doesn't excuse the spurious data transfer when it does upload.

Stupid how the small things are left out with these things. I ain't a whinger and want to keep the watch but gonna have to take it back tomorrow to be checked cause the buckle on the strap keeps popping off looks like the holes aren't deep enough in it for the springs. Such a small simple item but being a proprietary strap i can't just change it and certainly don't wanna risk losing £400 of watch in the water when it goes.

speedfreak1982:
K mate like i say not tried the reality. Just not sure why it was showing WET when it had never been wet. Maybe just grease on contacts from touching it or something. And it still doesn't excuse the spurious data transfer when it does upload.

Agee. I’m not a big fan of OceanLog - it has many problems and am probably as frustrated with it as you are.

Back
Top Bottom