Oceanic Atom 2.0 - Defective?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine is on r3C. I only get the EL 2 occasionally, but I do need to upgrade it.

Yours is newer than mine! My serial number is 27XX.

Your Oceanic LDS may have the firmware and will update if for you for free. Or call Oceanic like the guy in the other thread said. They may very well send it directly to you.

Actually I called Oceanic today (they are the nicest company I have ever talked to.) And Mark said that LeisurePro is an authorized reseller and that I should send it back to them to calibrate it and update the firmware, etc, etc... I told them I needed it back by the 12th for some OW dives I have planned and they said they usually have a 48 hour turn around period and that if I send it to them next day they will send it back the same! What service. I am SO happy I didn't give up on my computer. Oceanic is awesome :)

I got a brand new Atom 2 from UPS yesterday. SN in the lower 6000's! with firmware r3F. EL 2 problem seems to be gone (it doesn't seem to show elevation anymore). I can't wait to dive with it tomorrow!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom