Oceanic Atom battery is low ALREADY!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish:
I only download about once every other week or so...

What sampling rate do you use?

I’ve been keeping log books since my first dive. I only started logging my dives in OceanLog since I bought my first Atom (it came with a USB cable)—I was too cheap to get an interface cable for my first computer, a Datamax Pro Plus.

OK
Just got into the unit and see that I began using it on the 13th of November and have 41 dives logged on the unit. No night dives, so no excessive backlight use (actually not any except to test is when first set). Sampling rate is at the set default of 15 secs.

So just over two months and 41 dives the low batt light is showing, pretty pathetic!

JAG

Sorry to change the subject...

Is anyone else out there disappointed with Oceanic's OceanLog software? Maybe I haven't learned to use it well just yet, but it look like a horrible impression of "futuristic" software of the 1980's.....

Anyone figure out a way of getting the software to work well?

Can I export it to some other better software program?

Darin

Believe it or not, it looks great compared to the VT pro software I was using for a year...

I agree though, it's cheesy and full of holes. I don't think any of this "complimentary" software will be worth anything...They might have to start charging a price for quality software...

I just received my VT-pro. Ordered it form leisurepro.com. Very nice but first time I used it I had a low battery indicator. So I swapped it out for a new one. Two dives later (4 dives total) and I get the low battery indicator (computer not transmitter again). Weird thing is if I leave it for a while the indicator goes back to full. It only seems to indicate low when its first activated after an interval of disuse. Any ideas?

WillPwr:
Weird thing is if I leave it for a while the indicator goes back to full. It only seems to indicate low when its first activated after an interval of disuse. Any ideas?

Sudden change in temperature can cause that. When I was using a Datamax Pro Plus, taking the computer from a cool environment (i.e. a bag that’s been sitting in an air conditioned room) into a hot environment (i.e. outside—I live in Thailand) will cause the “low batt” icon to appear when the computer is initally switched on. After a while, the icon will disappear.

jagfish:
Believe it or not, it looks great compared to the VT pro software I was using for a year...

I agree though, it's cheesy and full of holes. I don't think any of this "complimentary" software will be worth anything...They might have to start charging a price for quality software...

I updated to v 1.0.2 (for Atom) and it has improved slightly, albeit with some quirks remaining.

It's a firmaware issue. It has been solved in release 2E

Cheers

Vie:
Ok, I've had the Atom's battery replaced by my LDS - the original Varta (CR 2430 Li-Mn 3V) was replaced with a new Toshiba battery. My LDS claims that mine is the fifth Atom that needed a battery replacement in the past three months; no idea if this is a battery issue or a hardware issue. One of the Atom had about 40 dives on it (data was never downloaded).

I will be writing an e-mail to Oceanic tonight. I'll also be going to the Similans on the 8th and should get about 15 dives; hopefully my Atom's new battery can make it through!

GOOD LUCK emailing Oceanic - I have tried twice in the last 3 months, AND left a brief but assertive message on their voice mail concerning my Versa Pro, & have yet to EVER hear from them. Each time I download my DC to my PC, it records one year early on the log (???). I would definitely work on your LDS to get this resolved (let THEM deal with the poor communication/service issues).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom