Oceanic Atom battery is low ALREADY!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had no problems contacting and getting results from Oceanic, perhaps you are contacting the wrong people?! Try calling them and ask for a specific CSR and then keep in touch with them. They have been great and responsive.....I am also getting my Atom replaced with a brand new unit that has the updated firmware 2E. With this new firmware they claim that the battery will last close to a year, like most other PDC on the market do.

I also asked them about plans for an option to turn off the unit, sine most of us do not use the unit as a watch, to save power. According to the CSR, they are working on a sleep mode feature.

I've emailed them several times, also with no response. It's seems they have better things to do rather than talk to customers who spend money with them.Tried calling them a few times but never really got any help and I hate being on hold, a waste of my time.

Guess I'll buy a Suunto next time.

Darin

Darin:
I've emailed them several times, also with no response. It's seems they have better things to do rather than talk to customers who spend money with them.Tried calling them a few times but never really got any help and I hate being on hold, a waste of my time.

Guess I'll buy a Suunto next time.

Darin

Hmmm, here in Italy Oceanic is better indeed. I emailed them, they asked me for a phone number and called me back to get infos about my Atom, they asked me for the serial and told where I bought it to send a replacement unit to the dealer's shop.

I'm not allowed to want more...

But what's the firmware version you have on it ?

Cheers

My LDS is sending my Atom (2C) to be upgraded/replaced to 2E spec tomorrow.

I spoke with an Oceanic service rep at Beneath The Sea, he said there were some minor leakage issues with the first Atoms, but that was fixed. Now, the only drawback is that it eats batteries. My VT Pro has exhausted one battery, but that is more due to my playing with it, and it stays on for 24 hours after diving.

My buddy had 3 differant Atoms. Since he bought it through our LDS, all he did was return it to the shop and the owner swapped it for him. Until the shop owner had enough and suggested a VT Pro.

I hope he got some of his money back when switching from Atom to the VT Pro though.

As is with everything else, early production pieces might have problems. All manufacturers do, so I am not sweating it much.

The techs at Oceanic have been working on the problem for a while now, and it seems that with the new batch the issues should be resolved. Oceanic customer support should have them in anytime now.

I just got my ATOM back today, and called Oceanic to find out what they did. He explained that several of their engineers had been working on the computer power managment issue for several months to extend the battery life out to at least one year. He said that revision 2F corrected this deficiency, and that the unit they sent me was a “new” unit with all the up dates. He apologized for the delay of having my ATOM for almost three weeks, as their normal in house turnaround is 5- 7 days, but this was the first major batch of the 2F units they had received.

I feel a fever coming on, I may need to call in sick tomorrow, and Dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom