Oceanic Atom battery is low ALREADY!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Made a single dive with mine, no deco 30 meters. All went fine.

Cheers

Guglielmo

Hi,

I made a deco dive (don't laugh, i'm a newbie!) 43 meters 12min ABT , took deco, all went fine.

cheers

Guglielmo

Now have 15 dives on my r2F—(5 air dives, 3 nitrox dives, 4 dives in Gauge mode). No problems so far.

RICHinNC:
Seems like a good case to support buying a computer where you can at least change your battery. The lds changed it...at a fee?? Can you do it yourself?? The batteries are expensive??

And the most important question....just WHAT does downloading do for you....what does it tell you.....what do you do diff your next dive because of the information???

rich

Besides just an easy method to LOG dives, downloading is a useful tool to evaluate your profile/plan for future dives at the same location - Of course non-technical divers probably have less of a need for this - Apart from checking consistancy of depth during DECO stops I also record current/workload to check my RMV - This becomes more important as you (unfortunately) get older....

You can never know too much - even as a recreational diver

I use one computer in gauge mode to gather information - it pretty much is always on (due to the contacts being a wee bit salty so to speak) and I still get around 6 months/150 dives out of it - I usually DL every 6 dives - DL will sap battery power, but you SHOULD get more than 3 months if you are diving only on weekends!!! -

Cheers

Scott

Darin:
Sorry to change the subject...

Is anyone else out there disappointed with Oceanic's OceanLog software? Maybe I haven't learned to use it well just yet, but it look like a horrible impression of "futuristic" software of the 1980's.....

Anyone figure out a way of getting the software to work well?

Can I export it to some other better software program?

Darin

Oceanic isn't the only company that uses this software - I am trying to remember the other PDC I saw that used it - hmmm - anyway, it is written in Access 97 (yes - it's true) so you need to load access 97 up to get at it - then export it to whatever you want - I haven't done it in a bit, but I used this for RMV calcs - I also remember I ried to open it in a newer version of access, but ran into issues that were annoying enough to warrant loading on 97 - obviously the Access XP tried to convert everything, but there were enough failures - i think Access 97 uses a proprietary Access Basic as opposed to VBA - but yes - the software is garbage - haven't found a good complete log/planning app yet - many work, but....

The biggest thing I haye about the oceanic sw is the text editor for notes and having to choose a text file name as opposed to it generating a file name by itself - or better yet just use a notes field in access !!!!!

Cheers

Scott

Scotty Nitrox:
Oceanic isn't the only company that uses this software - I am trying to remember the other PDC I saw that used it - hmmm - anyway, it is written in Access 97 (yes - it's true) so you need to load access 97 up to get at it - then export it to whatever you want - I haven't done it in a bit, but I used this for RMV calcs - I also remember I ried to open it in a newer version of access, but ran into issues that were annoying enough to warrant loading on 97 - obviously the Access XP tried to convert everything, but there were enough failures - i think Access 97 uses a proprietary Access Basic as opposed to VBA - but yes - the software is garbage - haven't found a good complete log/planning app yet - many work, but....

I think the software simply sucks. I thought it was just me having problems but I started the following post http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=109304 and it seems we are not the only ones. Its unfortunate b/c I love my Atom but the software is a POS.

Back
Top Bottom