Oceanic Computers being Discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheFife

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am in the market for an Oceanic computer and have noticed the Atom 3.1 and OCI on closeout or being listed as discontinued on some sites. Does anyone know if these models are actually going away, or are possibly being refreshed? Should I try to grab one right away, or wait?

Could it be that oceanic is going out of business in the near future?

I believe Oceanic sold their computer manufacturing business PPS (pelagic pressure systems) last year to Aqualung. Not sure if they are going use a third party manufacture in the future or exit the computer business but they still have great product support

Just talked to the Oceanic distributor earlier today at ADEX about this. He told me that Oceanic will continue to have a DC line even though PPS is sold to AL.

Just talked to the Oceanic distributor earlier today at ADEX about this. He told me that Oceanic will continue to have a DC line even though PPS is sold to AL.

1. Did he explain to you why their computers are discontinued?

2. Does he mean that indeed with the sale of PPS to AL, they are changing factories to make their computers?

3. If 2 is true and that they are changing mfg., are they going to have to get a whole new line of computers that are different from their current computers made by PPS/AL?

1. Did he explain to you why their computers are discontinued?

2. Does he mean that indeed with the sale of PPS to AL, they are changing factories to make their computers?

3. If 2 is true and that they are changing mfg., are they going to have to get a whole new line of computers that are different from their current computers made by PPS/AL?
Asked the questions you posted today.

1) Was not given a clear answer to that question.

2) The factory will not change and the factory will continue to manufacture Oceanic DC as well as AL DC.

3) No plan as of yet to offer new line of computer according to the distributor. The latest offering is OCL and basically it is just a Geo 2.0 in a smaller casing.

Asked the questions you posted today.

1) Was not given a clear answer to that question.

2) The factory will not change and the factory will continue to manufacture Oceanic DC as well as AL DC.

3) No plan as of yet to offer new line of computer according to the distributor. The latest offering is OCL and basically it is just a Geo 2.0 in a smaller casing.

First, thank you for taking the time to ask them the question and post back!

1. There is mystery here.

2. I am sure that AL wants to keep its newly acquired factory busy with making computers for as many potential OEM clients as possible as others do with their regulator factories.

3. I didn't get the impression from the discussions I had with Oceanic during this past DEMA that there will be any new computers.

BTW, did you mean OCi or OCL? I can only find an "OCi" computer not an "OCL" on Oceanic's website.

"BTW, did you mean OCi or OCL? I can only find an "OCi" computer not an "OCL" on Oceanic's website."

Odd - I am wearing an OCL on my wrist right now. For some reason has not received much coverage. As mentioned same as a Geo 2 - which I also own - but smaller (true watch size) while retaining the same legibility and all metal. I love it. At $599 MSRP is high compared to Geo 2 but you can get it for less.

Odd - I am wearing an OCL on my wrist right now. For some reason has not received much coverage. As mentioned same as a Geo 2 - which I also own - but smaller (true watch size) while retaining the same legibility and all metal. I love it. At $599 MSRP is high compared to Geo 2 but you can get it for less.

I can't find anything about it on the Internet!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom