Oceanic Computers being Discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not true - you can check the manual which explains how to change it. Battery is user replaceable. Changing the battery is easy but you do need a small screwdriver whereas with the Geo you can use a coin. I paid less than Geo MSRP. Really no downside compared to Geo if you can get it at the right price but a couple of pluses - size and looks. Those may matter to you or they don't...
I stand corrected. More or less. Haha.

I was referring to the point that @scubadada made about pressure testing where it is recommend it for the OCi and OCL.

Where as Geo 2.0 is just a quick twist and a remove the cover then off you go. But then again, I guess one can also make a case fo Geo 2.0 should be sent in and do a pressure test as well.

I would go with the quick/convenient self-changing option like a Geo 2.0 or Perdix anytime over OCL or OCi.

Who the heck would sell a $600 dive computer these days lacking download capabilities? That's just freaking insane.

More importantly, why would a diver spend that kind of money on a computer without download capability? What am I missing that makes this computer marketable?

I have the Geo 2.0. Other than looks, I don't see what makes this computer worth more than $200 over the Geo.

More importantly, why would a diver spend that kind of money on a computer without download capability? What am I missing that makes this computer marketable?

What is the utility of download capability for a recreational diver?

As always all comes down to personal preference. I have no interest in a download cable. I have found them ridiculously expensive and don't see the need for logging recreational dives.
As far as the price difference to the Geo, I also would not spend an extra $200for the OCL but as I stated I paid less than Geo MSRP.

Sake of curiosity ? Why not ?
Even the possibility to analyse past dives could be worthing, especially if there is improvement evidence.

As always all comes down to personal preference. I have no interest in a download cable. I have found them ridiculously expensive and don't see the need for logging recreational dives.
As far as the price difference to the Geo, I also would not spend an extra $200for the OCL but as I stated I paid less than Geo MSRP.

I've had an AI VT3 since 2010. I've downloaded my 800+ dives since then as I enjoy having my gas use, auto calculation of my RMV, average depth, a graphic of the profile, oxygen exposure, and deco details. To each their own.

I've had an AI VT3 since 2010. I've downloaded my 800+ dives since then as I enjoy having my gas use, auto calculation of my RMV, average depth, a graphic of the profile, oxygen exposure, and deco details. To each their own.

That's cool. I was just wondering if there was any practical purpose.

I keep a written log (Excel spreadsheet) of dive dates, locations, depths, times, and noteworthy sightings, but I wondered if I was missing something. Both my computers have download functionality, but I have never used it.

I keep a paper log, but I also like just seeing the dive profile, etc., all in one place. The non divers among my friends love seeing the electronic dive log on my phone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom