Oceanic Computers being Discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic website still shows the Veo3. I'm happy about that because I love mine. If you folks are positive that Veo3 is discontinued perhaps I'm looking at an old page?

What is the utility of download capability for a recreational diver?

I can't read my handwriting at times. My log options are either downloaded or undecipherable.

Oceanic website still shows the Veo3. I'm happy about that because I love mine. If you folks are positive that Veo3 is discontinued perhaps I'm looking at an old page?
US Oceanic site only has 10 computers in the current lineup, ProPlus X, VTX, OCi, ProPlus 3, Atom 3.1, OCL, F.10, Geo 2.0, Veo 2.0 and BUD. I emailed Oceanic a while ago and they confirmed that the Veo 1 and Veo 3 had been discontinued, at least in the US. I liked the Veo 3 also, similar computer to my VT 3, but without AI
upload_2017-4-10_14-36-43.png

What is the utility of download capability for a recreational diver?

I think Scubadada explained that to you very well. Plus, as long as the computer does not crash before I get home, the information I want from multiple days of diving is there for me to use without having to remember all the specifics of a dive that I might not enter into the log for a couple weeks after the dives. Also, I do not have to deal with keeping a log book dry (I have a paper log book that got wet once and now has a bunch of pages stuck together), or having to do the math computations to figure SAC rate. The computer is download capable, I paid for the computer and its capabilities, so I think it makes sense to use tool to its and my maximum ability.

US Oceanic site only has 10 computers in the current lineup, ProPlus X, VTX, OCi, ProPlus 3, Atom 3.1, OCL, F.10, Geo 2.0, Veo 2.0 and BUD. I emailed Oceanic a while ago and they confirmed that the Veo 1 and Veo 3 had been discontinued, at least in the US. I liked the Veo 3 also, similar computer to my VT 3, but without AI
View attachment 404880

Bummer!

Back
Top Bottom