Oceanic Geo 2.0 Computer - experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks - so, is it possible to get the battery status reported in percentage values somehow - may be via oceanlog software? My very old computer did show that percentage battery value ...

The strap is a topic aswell for me because I have a drysuit too.... hm...

My personal experience: I have a Geo 2.0 since more than 1 year and I have almost 600 dives on it, normal air and nitrox. Quite good, I appreciate the possibility to change the battery (when I bought it, the alternative was the Suunto D4, where it was not possible), and the numbers are quite big and easy to read.
Cons: backlight died after a very short time. Recently it's doing some crazy thing, like not starting automatically and resetting the time alone (not underwater, for the moment). I have already changed the battery twice, so it's quite an intensive battery usage (I can estimate a change after more or less 250 hours of usage).

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Francesco

Hello again,
I've made the first scuba diving experiences with the geo 2.0 - I've been to Egypt. After nearly one week the geo was working fine, at the surface the computer stuck in a mode like "dual......" and it was'nt possible to get into the standard mode, which shows time & date. But I could change settings in the other modes, but the standard screen time & date wasnt possible. Diving mode was working fine when I did my dive. Only when I returned home and started the dive transfer to the PC then the standard screen was shown again. Now its ok - but any idea what it was??? Anyone who did the same experience?

Hi everybody on the line...

quick question regarding the freedive mode on teh geo 2.0... why would you need to know the NDC ( No deco time) and TBLG ( Tissue Bar Loading Graph) while freediving? i am an experienced scuba diver but i have never done any freediving and i can't see why you would need to know this when you aren't breathing compressed gas???

So I poll the experts

My personal experience: I have a Geo 2.0 since more than 1 year and I have almost 600 dives on it, normal air and nitrox. Quite good, I appreciate the possibility to change the battery (when I bought it, the alternative was the Suunto D4, where it was not possible), and the numbers are quite big and easy to read.
Cons: backlight died after a very short time. Recently it's doing some crazy thing, like not starting automatically and resetting the time alone (not underwater, for the moment). I have already changed the battery twice, so it's quite an intensive battery usage (I can estimate a change after more or less 250 hours of usage).

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Francesco

I notice that this thread is a bit old, however well indexed in Google (it came up first when searching for "oceanic geo 2 light". I agree that the backlight died shortly after I started using this computer. Also the wrist strap suddenly broke after one of my first dives, without any external force, and I almost lost the computer. I use it now with a nylon strap, and my biggest concern is that Oceanic Technical Service is totally AWOL. I have sent mails to the US customer service, also to their Hong Kong appointed service, and have received no reply from either. I have also tried posting on their Facebook page, which seems to be active (I was fearing the company went bankrupt or something)...

I just wanted to send it for technical check-up, but there seems to be noone on the other end. Quite a Fail on Customer Service.

Our apologies for not getting through to our service department. The backlight will not operate in a low battery condition - I would try that solution first. If you wish to send it back to the factory for inspection/service, download and include this RETURN FORM with your shipment.

I have loved my Geo 2.0 so far. Much more reliable and user friendly than previous computers. However, my select botton on the top right seems to have stopped working. Anyone else have this issue?

Back
Top Bottom