Oceanic VEO 100: any opinions on this model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MY01SHADOW

Reaction score
Hey all:

I'm new to the board and relatively new to diving. I've been looking for an inexpensive dive computer for air only dives. I usually have no problem with diving by tables, but when diving with other computer users it would be handy to not worry about exposure limits. Have any of you heard of, or know anything about this model. Currently available for $159 at leisurepro.

Thanks,

MY01SHADOW

VEO 100 is a nice, simple-to-use dive computer with very readable displays.

I particularly like the N2 loading bargraph of the Pelagic/Oceanic computers, which is more useful than the bargraph found on brands from other manufacturers.

The one drawback is that the VEO 100 is an air only computer. Only you can figure out how likely it would be that you end up getting a nitrox/air computer (such as VEO 200) in a couple of years. At that point you would either dump the VEO 100 or keep it as a backup. Do your buddies do any nitrox diving?

i dont know about that model in specific, but ive never had any problem with my Oceanic Xtc, i would agree with charile that you might wish too look at a computer which features nitrox capabilities if you think at some point you might wish to dive EANx

I have used the Veo 100 fairly extensively. It is a good computer, however it only has one button. This means that you have to push that one button a ton of times to cycle all the way through the displays. I would highly recommend getting a Veo 200. It has two buttons which make it much more efficient to use. Also, it is nitrox compatable, which may be an issue in the future. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom