Oceanic VT3 worth the $200 more than VT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Janni:
Does your wife know mine???

Sure it can work "Through walls? Through SPACE AND TIME!" Submarines talk via duplexed communications systems from hundreds of miles. Pictures can be transmitted from depths of thousands of feet. The transmitter/receiver in these hoseless units will hardly reach 5 feet and be sure not to put a semi hard object in between; i.e., your body.

I messed around with 3 VTPros over the course of about 10 months so obviously I wanted a hoseless unit.

Sounds good to me, but cheaply?

cerich:
Why so hostile? As many have pointed out all brand of hoseless units have some sync issues, not just Oceanic. I also pointed out that it is common that the sync will drop for a few seconds, longer than that it is an issue.

We have the VT 3 being extensivly tested and not just by us, it will not ship until there are no problems. That is now the company mandate.

Drop me a PM on how much you can dive a VT3 over the next month or so, we are hoping for more than 2 dives a day(I had 5 sent to Cayman where they are getting 4-6 dives a day in all modes)

Let me know.

Best,

Chris

I think you'll find I'm the first to mention the problem is not unique to Oceanic.

But I will PM you. I have a long weekend planned for June 2, 3, 4 & 5 headed to Pensacola. Lots of wreck diving there and we'll be doing the Oriskany dive. Then the week of August 14th we're doing the Nekton Bahamas. that should give it a pretty good workout.

Don, thanks for the PM, what we are looking for is BETA test divers who will put it thru it's paces daily over a prolonged period while doing comparisons to other units and are able to fill out forms. The divers also need to be very familiar with the behavior of our and other deco algorithms. The unit until this is complete will not be shipped nor is suitable as a stand alone unit.

By the way your comment on Submarine communications is way off, when submerged beyond buoy depth the sub can only receive communications from other subs/ships that are very close in anything resembling "fast" communication, otherwise it is a ULF freq that is very powerfull (think 10 local FM radio stations a couple times over) and VERY Slow, it takes well over an hour to get just a sentence.

Best,

Chris

OK, dive fans, time to get this thread back on track and answer the author's question.

The Kraken

That was done in the first 10 postings....

Thread closed by permission of author.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom