odd question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Under a wetsuit? Sometimes a diveskin...sometimes nothing. How warm is the water? Do you own the suit or is it a rental? :wink:

Now under a drysuit...socks and UnderArmour...mmmmmm... :)

Cheers,
Austin

That's going to depend a lot on who you are, what your surface intervals are like and what the water temp is. As an example, I tend to most of my diving at various group events that last anywhere from a long morning to a full day (and then some). As a result, I wear swim trunks plus a rash guard. That helps keep the sun off me when it's hot and adds a little warmth when it isn't. In the winter I can up this to a thicker shirt or a long sleeve one -- it's not much fabric but the impact is noticeable.

On the other hand, when I'm in tropical waters and going from a dive to something other than diving, I'll drop the rash guard and just stick to the swim trunks with a t-shirt lying around should I feel the need for one.

There are of course many guys who go with speedos (they say it's more comfortable) but should you go that route, do us all the favor and keep the wetsuit on. :wink:

Jammers or trunks depends where and when I'm changing and what ever else is going on. It really doesn't matter when diving. A little fabric in there isn't going to bother the fit.

You really couldn't find it with a search? It's a monthly thread topic.

Nice start on your profile. Your Snorkeling experience will give you a big head start.

Pete

I started wearing swim trunks because I couldn't fathom the idea of wearing a speedo... but trunks get very uncomfortable under a wetsuit, so I bought a racer style speedo (they look like bike shorts) and they work great. Naturally then I had to lose weight so I wouldn't make everybody on the dive boat throw up :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom