# of Cam Bands BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

attachment.php

Otherwise known as "The Crawl of Shame"...

On a positive note, I did think.... just for a second... that is was just a sloppy sidemount rig. ha ha ha

For a BP/W, rec diving, do you use one or two cam bands? If using only one, do you use the upper or lower slots on the plate? Just curious, I am currently using two, but it sure can be a pain at times getting over the tank.

One strap will work just fine if it's a really good strap.

I've never had a SCUBAPro strap loosen up. You can often find them used for not much money if you know a shop that has rental gear. The strap will outlast the BC by at least a decade, so when they toss the old BCs in the dumpster, they often save the straps and other bits and pieces.

OTOH, straps are cheap and BPs usually have two slots, so there really isn't much of a reason to only use one strap.

The short answer is "do whatever makes you happy" :cool:

flots.

I like the Highland SS bands that break in half, they keep me from doing the lift and wiggle move when changing tanks over on the boat, now i just lay the BP down, set a tank on top, and strap it down. quick easy and efficient, you might want to give those a look,

Many would call those the ScubaPro bands ( the patent has expired as I understand it ) but yes, I like my Highland SS bands also.

Two with STEEL cam buckles.

I've had a plastic cam band break. Someone probably overtightened it in the past...it was cracked and I finished the job.

Dual bands is my preference

One strap will work just fine if it's a really good strap.

One benefit of double cam bands, that I've not seen mentioned here yet, is that they (the lower one) prevents the typical tank-arse rise as the (ali) cylinder becomes buoyant.

Up...up...and away...

DiverLR.jpgscuba_diver.jpg

On a positive note, it does provide a very handy visual reference on diver's gas levels, when I'm working with recreational divers...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom