# of Cam Bands BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you're probably right, it likely happened during the exit.

I use a two cam system with rubber pads, and have never had a problem with my tank slipping. However, I make them pretty tight and use a lot of force to flip the clamp over. I have often wondered why manufacturers don't use a mechanical ratcheting system like on tie down straps.

I think HOG does make a cam strap that has a mechanical ratchet on it. I would be worried that eventually the ratchet would strip out.

I use 2 also. I don't bother to wet my cam bands and I have several sizes of tanks so there is a risk on one working loose. It's cheap insurance, but not a necessity.
It also allow better trim adjustment if you use weight pockets on the cam bands.

I would think that the DIR influence would dictate that a backplate will have 2 straps. I cant say i have ever seen one with one.

I would think that the DIR influence would dictate that a backplate will have 2 straps. I cant say i have ever seen one with one.

Really. take EXTRA piece of gear to solve a skills problem? Why not just buy the right cam strap (a metal one) and then learn to use it properly?

How do your 'skillz' solve the problem of floaty ALs? A 'butt-cheek clench grip' protocol? LOL

I use two straps, but I guess you could use only one regular strap and use either bungie or a velcro strap on the other one.

How do your 'skillz' solve the problem of floaty ALs? A 'butt-cheek clench grip' protocol? LOL
a single strap holds the tank to the bc or plate. Two is not going to address any issue about being light in the loafers (or anywhere else).

a single strap holds the tank to the bc or plate. Two is not going to address any issue about being light in the loafers (or anywhere else).

I beg to differ. As stated earlier, I can normally spot a diver getting low on air simply by the increasing gap between tank and arse..

Double cam-bands provides a certain solidity to the rig... that's especially important in a holistic rig like BP&W, where the crotch strap is tying everything together and keeping it in unison with the diver.

In a jacket BCD... well, it's so floppy and sloppy that you'd probably not feel the difference...

I beg to differ. As stated earlier, I can normally spot a diver getting low on air simply by the increasing gap between tank and arse..

Double cam-bands provides a certain solidity to the rig... that's especially important in a holistic rig like BP&W, where the crotch strap is tying everything together and keeping it in unison with the diver.

In a jacket BCD... well, it's so floppy and sloppy that you'd probably not feel the difference...
Keep your eyes off my butt, and a single band holds the tank tight to a BP/W, at least to mine which all have homemade PVC pipe STA's..

Back
Top Bottom