# of Cam Bands BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One cam band is just fine, just ask this guy.

attachment.php

This happened to me once when I first started diving. Trust me it is no fun, especially when your mouthpiece starts to pull away from your mouth.

Had a tank slide out on an Aqualung BC and saw a DIVE MASTER with a single band and his tank falling out. I like my 2 bands.

airlock.jpg

Assembling the BC on the tank has never been so easy. Airlock (Mares patent) allows you to fasten the BC to the air tank without the slightest effort, safely and easily. Simply pre-tension the tank strap slightly - an easy maneuver thanks to the new buckle - and connect the quick coupling BC hose for a few seconds. The tank strap will be pulled tight by the air pressure. A check valve and an automatic mechanical clamping system ensures a stable and secure connection.

These work great when slinging a spare air as a pony! :wink:

I am guessing it would have been easier to remove the BC underwater and re-attach the tank before climbing out through the surf.

True, but it might have slipped out during the exit as he could have been washing machined coming in. That said I have helped many divers with their tanks slipping out. Even with two cams. It is one of the few things that I have found where it is difficult to communicate the issue. But they get the idea something is not right when I start shoving around in the back.

I should add that that while two bands are nice what also helps are rubber bands pads on both bands.

True, but it might have slipped out during the exit as he could have been washing machined coming in. That said I have helped many divers with their tanks slipping out. Even with two cams. It is one of the few things that I have found where it is difficult to communicate the issue. But they get the idea something is not right when I start shoving around in the back.

I should add that that while two bands are nice what also helps are rubber bands pads on both bands.

you're probably right, it likely happened during the exit.

I use a two cam system with rubber pads, and have never had a problem with my tank slipping. However, I make them pretty tight and use a lot of force to flip the clamp over. I have often wondered why manufacturers don't use a mechanical ratcheting system like on tie down straps.

Back
Top Bottom