old horse collar bcds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall!!!

I had a rig in the 1970s very similar to your photos (except with working J valve). Thanks for the photos. Thanks for the memories!!

GJS

As I said in my post, those photos are directly from VDH (Vintage Double Hose). They are an excellent resource for everything "double hose". Restoring a classic? Updating performance? Buying the incredible modern Kraken double hose? Bryan is your man.

There is a forum there too that is just incredible with the knowledge base of the users.

There was a back pack attached to the cylinder.

You put on your suit, then you put on your horse collar, then your cylinder, and finally your weight belt and it all looked a bit like this
;
220px-Bcd_ablj.jpg

The weight belt went on last so it was over the horse collar harness and didn't catch if you needed to ditch it.

Actually the horsecollar BC goes on first and then the back pack and last the weight belt.

N

There was a back pack attached to the cylinder.

You put on your suit, then you put on your horse collar, then your cylinder, and finally your weight...

The weight belt went on last so it was over the horse collar harness and didn't catch if you needed to ditch it.

Actually the horsecollar BC goes on first and then the back pack and last the weight belt.

N

think you both said the same thing...

I was more responding to the current practice of putting the weight belt on under the harness. I am sure you guys will get over a repetive post. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom