Old Marineland Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I was planning to dive here in Ventura Sat. the 22nd, but my dive buddy can't make it. So, I decided to go back to Marineland, instead. I dove there last weekend, and it was a good dive. We seen lots of various fish, including 6 black sea bass. If anyone wants to join, Post here, or PM me. See you there.

Rick

Rickster:
I was planning to dive here in Ventura Sat. the 22nd, but my dive buddy can't make it. So, I decided to go back to Marineland, instead. I dove there last weekend, and it was a good dive. We seen lots of various fish, including 6 black sea bass. If anyone wants to join, Post here, or PM me. See you there.

Rick
Darn! I'm diving elsewhere on Saturday, otherwise I'd be there in a shot. It should be a great day there. Betcha the MaxBottomTime man himself might be there!

I'm watching for a possible Sunday sunrise dive somewhere in PV, depending on swell effect. I'll look forward to reading your report, Rick. Thanks for the invite :D .

ooooooooo
Claudette

HBDiveGirl:
Darn! I'm diving elsewhere on Saturday
You are going to miss out. The viz is going to be excellent! It better be, as this is my first time diving old Marineland.
Looking forward to it. See ya tomorrow.

Phil

HBDiveGirl:
Darn! I'm diving elsewhere on Saturday, otherwise I'd be there in a shot.
ooooooooo
Claudette

Is it close? You could come tearing thru the parking lot at Marineland, fly down the hill, dive in, run back out and up the hill, floor your vehicle to your next dive spot...............Well, maybe not. :D

Have a good dive Claudette! We will, also, be looking forward to your dive report.

Rick

Rickster:
Is it close? You could come tearing thru the parking lot at Marineland, fly down the hill, dive in, run back out and up the hill, floor your vehicle to your next dive spot...............Well, maybe not. :D

Have a good dive Claudette! We will, also, be looking forward to your dive report.

Rick
I like the way you think, Rick!

Alas, I can only wish you and TeqP a wonderful dive... I think he's right: the conditions are going to be Great!! I'll be checking ScubaBoard early and often looking for your report.

I'm still smiling at the image of the DiveMobile careening in on 2-wheels: the tanks in the back clanging like a fire alarm!! DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!!!

Dive safely and happily,
Claudette

I soooooo wish I could be there. I had thought I might be able to pull it off. But I have tenants moving in tomorrow and the house is not as ready as it needs to be so I have to tend to that. I will wish you well and look forward to the report.

I am so going in the SANDEATERS dive tomorrow at Montage. Meet at 0800, in the water 0830, out at 10:00 or so, car packed up by 11:00 and home at 12:00, rinse gear, meet tenants at 1:00 pm. for move in. Perfect, except I only get one dive.

pasley:
I soooooo wish I could be there.
Melvin, too bad you couldn't make it. The conditions were awesome.
TeqP:
You are going to miss out. The viz is going to be excellent!
I guess sometmes I know what I'm talking about. The viz was excellent today.

Oh Yea! The conditions were great! On our second dive, we were at the surface, in about 18ft of water. Below we could see the bass, which were the same color as the bottom, swimming down at the bottom! The vis was about 20 to 25 ft the first dive, and about 25 to 30 the second. We seen octopus (octopi?) numerous reef and kelp fish, 2 under limit lobster, and teqp found a 2.5lbs+ bug. :11: but no bag. Well Phil, remember the pics I took? Guess what? only a couple came out O.K. My camera had all the wrong settings on it. I think changing the batterys messed with how I had it set. We are just going to have to go back to take some more:wink: :D

Have a great dive tomorrow Melvin. Wish I could make that one. Only one drive to dive a weekend.

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom