OMS Slipstreams vs. Dive Rite XTs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveJo127

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all... At the time of writing this I've been diving with a pair of Mares Quattro's. While they're great fins, I'm looking to upgrade to something stiffer but still neutrally buoyant.

I've narrowed my choices down between the OMS Slipstreams and the Dive Rite XTs. Anyone have any experience with one or both of these and would like to add your 2 cents? What are the differences and which of these two you prefer?

They're both nice fins. I've used the Slipstreams quite a bit, only the DR'S once. Sometimes it just comes down to personal preference, try both if you can and decide for yourself which feels better for you.

Unfortunately my LDS doesn't sell either of those brands, so I'll just have to take the plunge and buy a pair. I think I'm leaning towards the Slipstreams. I like the look of the shorter profile and they're nearly $50 cheaper. On the other hand though, I often see people rave online about the power from the XTs.

IIRC, the XTs can start to split over time where the different colors meet. I use Slipstreams, F1s, and Jets regularly, I only notice there is a difference if I switch between them during the same days diving. Otherwise they are all good fins and all work well. The only reason I don't own XTs too is I don't need more fins.

IIRC, the XTs can start to split over time where the different colors meet. I use Slipstreams, F1s, and Jets regularly, I only notice there is a difference if I switch between them during the same days diving. Otherwise they are all good fins and all work well. The only reason I don't own XTs too is I don't need more fins.

My XT's are a solid color and appear to be molded as one piece. What fins are you referring to?

My XT's are a solid color and appear to be molded as one piece. What fins are you referring to?
Dive Rite Xts, either black and gray or blue and grey. There were some older ones that could tear a bit where the colors met. It was still a highly regarded fin

XT's are not neutrally buoyant, they sink like a stone when a muppet knocks them overboard! On my second pair now due to one being lost by said muppet. They are exposed to high heat temps and High UV no problems in over 2 years and 200 dives.

the XT's aren't moulded in one piece, they're still dissimilar materials, but they have a lifetime warranty on them, so if they split, DR will replace them. Lot's of documentation. As one who owns both of them, I much prefer the XT's to the slipstreams, much more power in my experience. The Slipstreams are great fins, don't get me wrong, but I prefer my XT's

I've used them both, but finally sold the DRs and settled on the Slipstreams. They're more compact, and seem to work better for the precision kicks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom