OMS Vs. Dive Rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
You forgot to add in the part about the religious zealots.

Listen, I am still waiting for you to provide proof of the issues you claim to be as opposed to playing the hurt little schoolgirl when you are confronted with the lack of proof and your believes based on a fictional theory - aren't you a bit too old for children's stories anyways? Shouldn't you grow up and start thinking for yourself?

Tamas:
Listen, I am still waiting for you to provide proof of the issues you claim to be as opposed to playing the hurt little schoolgirl when you are confronted with the lack of proof and your believes based on a fictional theory - aren't you a bit too old for children's stories anyways? Shouldn't you grow up and start thinking for yourself?
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I was just stating that your comment was missing the tradition poke at the unnamed group of divers. Just having a bit of fun with ya.

JeffG:
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I was just stating that your comment was missing the tradition poke at the unnamed group of divers. Just having a bit of fun with ya.

I can poke at that as much as they can poke at us! Why should it be any different?! If they can be arrogant and belittling....then heck dude I can turn it another notch and be that much more.

One thing is for sure, I have accepted their way of doing things, now its your turn to realize there is another world out there as well.

Tamas:
I can poke at that as much as they can poke at us! Why should it be any different?!
It shouldn't. Otherwise life would be way to dull.
Tamas:
One thing is for sure, I have accepted their way of doing things, now its your turn to realize there is another world out there as well.
I think most do. (Some of the newly DIR-f'd or want to be DIR-f'd can be a problem, but its not like I can control them). This is getting waaaay off topic.

Back to BC's

IMO

OMS and Diverite have too long inflater's, Halcyon too short. Plus at the end of the Halcyon inflator hose is a POS.

Diverite wings lack protection from the zipper. (I never taken apart an OMS wing, so I am not sure.)

Bungies - I don't use them, don't see a need for them. I doubt they will jump off your wing and strangle you.

After all is said and done, I bought an AGIR wing and I will never give it up.

But we are just talking about a bladder that holds air and displaces water. This is not rocket science, I could jump in the water with any wing and be able to dive it.

JeffG:
Some of the newly DIR-f'd or want to be DIR-f'd can be a problem....
But we are just talking about a bladder that holds air and displaces water. This is not rocket science, I could jump in the water with any wing and be able to dive it.

Finally we are agreeing on something, well at least 2 subjects!

BTW - I shortened my OMS inflator to a stubby, this way I just lift and it releases air without having to tuck and roll - I hated that super long garden hose on there.

Tamas:
Finally we are agreeing on something, well at least 2 subjects!
There are probably others, but we can save them for later debates :wink:

Tamas:
BTW - I shortened my OMS inflator to a stubby, this way I just lift and it releases air without having to tuck and roll - I hated that super long garden hose on there.
I just don't like buying something and then mod'ng it. (Adding a innertube to the diverite wing to protect the bladder also comes to mind)

JeffG:
There are probably others, but we can save them for later debates :wink:

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here, baby-steps ok.

BTW - inops plaga? helpless stroke?

JeffG:
I just don't like buying something and then mod'ng it. (Adding a innertube to the diverite wing to protect the bladder also comes to mind)

Fine, but I did it to help with the dump especially if you have gloved hands, this makes the dumping sooooo much easier and effort less, not to mention the inflator now has both the inflate and deflate buttons on the same side.

One thing I never understood, how often do you have to open the zipper that the bladder gets ripped? I open mine once in a while to inspect, then carefully close it back up - never had any issues with as of yet.

Tamas:
BTW - inops plaga? helpless stroke?
Yep...I'm a rebel :wink:

Tamas:
One thing I never understood, how often do you have to open the zipper that the bladder gets ripped? I open mine once in a while to inspect, then carefully close it back up - never had any issues with as of yet.
I think the issue is more on the rubbing between the zipper and the bladder during normal use, not the opening and closing of the zipper. A less extreme version of the Drysuit vs Crotch-strap battle.

That's exactly how flames start.
JeffG, those are my observation and I don't avocate DIR or anything but personal opinion when I went to try out a wing at the local dive store. I loosened the bungies and tried several times but if you are so stupid or confident that your opinions are valid based on my statement you are free to PREACH... I don't care.

Tamas, they aren't horror stories but but opinions based on first try attempts. If you
can't differentiat between the two then I'm sorry but you also fall under the catagory or write first then think.

I found it nearly impossible to inflate the bungeed wing without loosening the cords so much that they were nearly useless. This was with the help of the shop keeper and so I decided to get a non bungeed wing instead which he at that time did not have.

fishb0y, I would purchase life support equipment only if the cost was low enough that I need not worry about replacing the whole set if something goes fubar. OMS is still rather expensive compared to Oxycheq and that's why it would seem a better choice.

SangP

Sorry for the rants but the bungeed wing debate keeps going on... and on and on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom