OMS Vs. Dive Rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SangP:
I would purchase life support equipment only if the cost was low enough that I need not worry about replacing the whole set if something goes fubar.
Sorry, but I'm in another school of thought... If I can't afford to be safe, then I will not do it. But hey, it helped to buy OMS stuff at dealer cost.

Hi fishb0y,

True getting stuff at costs helps heaps. I don't think that getting stuff like BCs online is unsafe but if I had to pay just a tad more just to have local support that's what I rather do.

I only got my girl the Oxycheq because the cost differential was HUGE and not knowing if she really wanted to dive more in the future made my choice more delicate.

Before she even used the rig I tested it for her as I wanted to be sure that the darn thing was ok.

Glad you like Tobin stuff as he's rig was on the top of my list except that he only had SS or plastic plates.

SangP

Dive Rite for me, www.diveriteexpress.com all the way! I looked at many and chose the DR based on comfort, price, adjustability, customer service as well as finish. Their product was a better finish, smooth edges, etc. than all of the rest. Both brands you asked about are great products, as is DSS. It comes down to personal preference. Try out each product if possible and make the decision based on your experience, not anyone elses! The availability of loaners is a factor, people/LDS/dealers, who are proud of the product are more likely to let you try it out and the competitions out prior to making an investment in equipment.

PC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom