One more weekend before my Essentials Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan: Yes, please! I plan on getting my second piece to my wetsuit this week, nothing better than trying it out on a boat. Let me know which day, whichever day I'm not on a boat I would love to have buddies for more skills in less viz :)
I have to admit, I am dying to check out this 60-80' viz in Carmel, so jealous I couldn't get out last weekend!

Sure okay Kristina I see how it is... We don't have a boat so what are we, chopped liver.... ??? :mooner: J/K

Nuttin but love for you girl, I'm getting really antsy about your class, I'm so happy and proud of you.... :D

Thanks, Mike, love you too.
I just sold my Sharks playoff ticket for next weekend. So, now I have given up a free trip to London, and a Sharks playoff game to do the Essentials class. I know it'll be worth it, and I know the person buying the ticket not only is worthy of it, but will have a great time too.
And as far as the boat...would you rather practice buoyancy around a beautiful pinnacle with 70 ft viz, or at Breakwater with 5-10' viz?
I'll be at BW one of those days, details aren't worked out yet. I hope to buy the step in hooded vest tonight at AWS.

I just sold my Sharks playoff ticket for next weekend. So, now I have given up a free trip to London, and a Sharks playoff game to do the Essentials class.

Kristina,

Your commitment is impressive and I’m sure will serve you well as you learn and master the new scuba skills -- which will lead to even greater fun and adventures with scuba diving :)!

OK, looks like skills diving is on for Saturday. Who's in? Looked at conditions and they look flat, wanna go somewhere other than BW?
Lover's maybe? I would suggest Coral Street but that one's tough to catch on a good day, maybe this day though. We'll see.

OK, looks like skills diving is on for Saturday. Who's in? Looked at conditions and they look flat, wanna go somewhere other than BW?
Lover's maybe? I would suggest Coral Street but that one's tough to catch on a good day, maybe this day though. We'll see.

Kristina,

Count me in for Saturday. I will be bringing both my doubles and singles, hoping that Hepcat can bring his doubles. I hope to assist your team in practicing trim/bouyancy and seeing some of those frog kicks in action. :wink:

I recommend you keep the party at the Break Water for good reasons: conditions, familiarity, easeability, restrooms, munchies, and most important this is the training site that Don will launch his Gauntlet on your team. :D

Practicing here will remove most of the psychological stress associated with new training. :)

Let me know, so we can coordinate a time and lock in some spaces with vehicle parking, the earlier we arrive the better we can get the team organized topside.

Thanks,

MG

I'm in. I would also vastly prefer hitting the breakwater, if people are okay with that. What time are people thinking of shooting for?

I'm planning on doing skills practice in my doubles, but I can bring my singles as well (so long as I have time to shuffle hoses around on my regs in between). I could see doing one long skills dive, and then I could do one relaxing dive. I'm probably not down for 3 dives in the day (though I could be convinced :D), because eventually my girlfriend will want me home. :)

Coral Street is such a wonderful dive site, when conditions permit. Dive there only if it's really calm. If the wind picks up, the shallow waters may render the exits quite difficult. You might want to try the southen end of Monastery Beach. It's usually very calm, has a large kelp bed and sandy flats.

Out of curiosity, how do you guys in wetsuits manage multiple dives in one day? I find myself very cold after the first dive. The second dive renders me so uncomfortable that I head back with plenty of air to spare.

Claude

Hey Brian,

I'm planning on getting there early but that's just me, I plan at arriving at 7am. Once there, I will pick up the best spot for lugging the doubles down to the BW.

I would like other divers to get there like at 8am so they can at least get a good spot, any later and the spots will become hit and miss.

Diving can be done much later if we need that, but at least the great spots and the cordination of diving will be in sync.

Kristina any idea what time you will arrive, I would like to get a temperarture check if possible because I want to get in a dive with you.

Brian your plan looks great, I will want to get in with you on a long doubles dive and then play the other dives according to Kristina and another dive buddy that is comming.

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom