One more weekend before my Essentials Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don says we should mix 1/2 fun with 1/2 skills, or do 1 fun dive and 1 skills dive.
Okey :) If the instructor insists.

Yup, Hook'em horns! :wink:

I'll be there in my white and maroon pickup, with the aggies mascot painted on the roof... Just kidding! :dork2:

I'll be in the Audi A4, hopefully parked next to you guys. :D

I will be at the wall closest to the steps if possible, arriving at 7am. My diving buddy will also arrive around 7:30am to get a good spot. He is diving singles and I will be bringing both singles and doubles. The doubles will be with Brian and the rest will be however we coordinate those dives.

MG

My current doubles (double ~76s) are filled a bit light due to me trying them out in the pool for a little while the other day, so I'll be coming with around 127cf of gas. That should make for a nice long dive though (certainly a bit longer than the folks in singles will probably last). It seems like doubles or not, it'll be more fun if we go down and do skills as a group, with Mike and I as one team and Kristina and Matt as another (we can all trade off during S-drills, and you can all laugh at me as I perform the left-valve portion of the valve drill). Whether we want to do half-skills and half-fun on that dive is up to you guys, and Mike and I can potentially surface separately if we decide to extend our dive. I won't be able to keep up if he's bringing full double 100s though. :)

Kristina - I'm assuming you and Matt want to run down the full gamut of skills covered in the Essentials course? If so, would you like to go through the exercise of creating a gas plan prior to the dive? We could do an all-usable plan and/or a half-usable plan, depending on whether or not we plan to split the dive between business and pleasure. :) What tank configuration will you and Matt be diving?

Mike - is your other buddy planning on joining in the skills fun, or just subsequent dives? Will he mind if we knock out the skills dive first, so that I can get on the road earlier?

Hepcat

I would like to do the full shebang if possible, but I'll be diving with splits this weekend--I'm borrowing a pair of paddlefins from Don for the class. As far as tank config goes, I've got a HP119 & HP100.

matt

My current doubles (double ~76s) are filled a bit light due to me trying them out in the pool for a little while the other day, so I'll be coming with around 127cf of gas. That should make for a nice long dive though (certainly a bit longer than the folks in singles will probably last). It seems like doubles or not, it'll be more fun if we go down and do skills as a group, with Mike and I as one team and Kristina and Matt as another (we can all trade off during S-drills, and you can all laugh at me as I perform the left-valve portion of the valve drill). Whether we want to do half-skills and half-fun on that dive is up to you guys, and Mike and I can potentially surface separately if we decide to extend our dive. I won't be able to keep up if he's bringing full double 100s though. :)

Kristina - I'm assuming you and Matt want to run down the full gamut of skills covered in the Essentials course? If so, would you like to go through the exercise of creating a gas plan prior to the dive? We could do an all-usable plan and/or a half-usable plan, depending on whether or not we plan to split the dive between business and pleasure. :) What tank configuration will you and Matt be diving?

Mike - is your other buddy planning on joining in the skills fun, or just subsequent dives? Will he mind if we knock out the skills dive first, so that I can get on the road earlier?

Hepcat

I would like to do the full shebang if possible, but I'll be diving with splits this weekend--I'm borrowing a pair of paddlefins from Don for the class. As far as tank config goes, I've got a HP119 & HP100.

matt

what size are your boots? I have a pair of xl jets I can bring for you to use while I'm there tomorrow.

I think the xl's would work actually, my splits are L's and the buggers grip to my boots once I get them on.

what size are your boots? I have a pair of xl jets I can bring for you to use while I'm there tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom