Online sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ERIC.K:
I don't think we all need another LDS vs. online thread however I went to get my online bought regs serviced and was straight forward, and honest and informed the LDS that I purchased my Legend Supreme online, I then bought my pressure gauges from him, He then informed me that he wished he could compete with the online shops but the manufactures dictate his prices and even went as far as to tell him if the regs could go on sale, it is apparently required to be an authorized dealer, since then i've bought many a fin, wetsuits, masks from him. The LDS was happy to take my money, since then he has done a great job with our regs. I've never thought it was an Online Vs LDS fight, we really should be directing this question toward manufactures.....I Think?

I shop mostly online but sometimes in my lds's and we have plenty here in NYC. My take on your situation is it appears that you have a good LDS who understands and didn't give you crap for originally buying online. That's a great thing and makes me feel like they deserve some chance to compete for your future purchases. Good for them. As for me personally, two out of about 10 of our LDS's here do a great job and are always friendly regardless of where I purchase my gear so I try to give them business when I can afford to. That said, most LDS's here DON'T even want to try to compete so I usually don't ask. Too bad. The good news is LP is a LDS for me and I frequently purchase from them and even have had my gear serviced there for the last 4 years and am very happy. To each his/her own! Happy diving all!

Back
Top Bottom