Orca Marathon Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orca are no longer in business. EIT bought them, then tried to relaunch the dive computers with the Phoenix and Pilot then they backed out of the dive computer business. The remaining assets were bought, I think by some ex-employees who now operate Orca Industries, and they just have a website at http://www.orcadivecomputer.com/

The website has no phone # or address. They do have a paypal account, apparently since the payment went through. I just hope that there's a real person behind it somewhere.

Ya gotta love Paypal -- the *Paypal* confirmation, not the Orca site confirmation, gives a customer service phone number of 925-679-1622. It's too late to call them tonight, I'll try tomorrow.

I got an email this morning frm Orca, informing me that they had tried to send the .pdf but it exceeded the permitted attachment size on my hotmail account. I provided an alternate email adress and voila! One Marathon manual.

They also indicated that they were shipping the new battery and the replacement O-ring this week. It turns out that I may not need the new battery since my current one reads "110", but I can alwasy put the new one away as a spare.

Bill--

Glad to hear somebody's got a manual... :wink:

Yeah, I think the battery pack will keep for a while. The three lithium cells in my Sherwood Sigma have been lying around unused for 14 years in the computer, never used... and they're still at 115/116!!

--Marek

bill_bain:
I got an email this morning frm Orca, informing me that they had tried to send the .pdf but it exceeded the permitted attachment size on my hotmail account. I provided an alternate email adress and voila! One Marathon manual.

They also indicated that they were shipping the new battery and the replacement O-ring this week. It turns out that I may not need the new battery since my current one reads "110", but I can alwasy put the new one away as a spare.

All--

I've been in e-mail contact with Tom Fields at EVS Supply Inc. in Texas. He confirms the Varta CR1/2AA batteries I just ordered from them are indeed 3.0 volt, like the original Vartas that work in the computer now. $6.50 each.

Varta part number 6127 is identical, too.

http://www.evssupply.com/cartadd.asp?sPartNumber=CR1/2AA+++++

--Marek

You Can Call E.i.t. (orca's Parent Co.) 703-707-9067 Ext 258 Sue In Marketing. Cost: $30 I Am Pissed, I Left My Marathon At The Local Dive Shop For A Week To Have The Battery Replaced. Two Days Before My Trip When I Go To Pick It Up, They Say They Can't Get The Batteries Anywhere. I Got Home And Called The Number On The Old Battery And Was Referred To The Above Number And Contact Person. Now It's Too Late To Get It Shipped, So I Have To Go Without A Computer. Bbbbbiiiiiaaaacccchhhhh Take Care

chairman:
You Can Call E.i.t. (orca's Parent Co.) 703-707-9067 Ext 258 Sue In Marketing. Cost: $30 I Am Pissed, I Left My Marathon At The Local Dive Shop For A Week To Have The Battery Replaced. Two Days Before My Trip When I Go To Pick It Up, They Say They Can't Get The Batteries Anywhere. I Got Home And Called The Number On The Old Battery And Was Referred To The Above Number And Contact Person. Now It's Too Late To Get It Shipped, So I Have To Go Without A Computer. Bbbbbiiiiiaaaacccchhhhh Take Care
So find three 3v Varta 3127 CR 1/2AA batteries, like I did (see the previous post)! Or Radio Shack may have them, or another specialty battery store. Though the ones Radio Shack lists here are 3.6v... wrong voltage... won't work.

The ones I bought are still a back-up... the original ones I have are still good. Son used the Omega II computer for a two-week dive trip to the Red Sea last summer. Worked fine. Just had to remember to turn on the computer just before getting in the water, otherwise the automatic turn-off kicks in after like 10 minutes...

--Marek

Hi Marek, I just received a parts order from Orca just the other day, and Anthony who fills the orders gave me an extra Marathon manual for free. If you would like it please PM me. I will need your address in Warsaw and will be happy to mail it to a fellow Orca user...let me know. The Marathon, Sherwood, and Skinny Dipper II are all the same so you should set with this manual.

The last time I had to replace the batteries I ordered them from Radio Shack. I went to the store and had the clerk look them up for me in a catalog...so it may not be listed on their web site. Seems the batteries are made in Germany and have a minimum shelf life of 7 years.

Poseidon8118:
Hi Marek, I just received a parts order from Orca just the other day, and Anthony who fills the orders gave me an extra Marathon manual for free. If you would like it please PM me. I will need your address in Warsaw and will be happy to mail it to a fellow Orca user...let me know. The Marathon, Sherwood, and Skinny Dipper II are all the same so you should set with this manual.

The last time I had to replace the batteries I ordered them from Radio Shack. I went to the store and had the clerk look them up for me in a catalog...so it may not be listed on their web site. Seems the batteries are made in Germany and have a minimum shelf life of 7 years.
Wow. thanks for remembering! But I actually already got a copy of the Orca manual. But thanks again.

Yeah, those have to be the same Varta batteries I've got. I do seem to remember them being available at Radio Shack.

It was chairman who actually needed them.... I've got an extra set already. Unfortunately it sounded like he couldn't wait for the mail, and his only hope was to find them at a local store.

That's minimum seven years shelf life!! The ones in our Sigma II had been lying around unused -- in the computer!! -- for 13 years, with plenty of life left.

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom