Oreos - the nectar of life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ManSteak

Reaction score
If you love Oreos as much as you should you'll appreciate this. I complained to Nabisco last week about a sub-par batch of cookies I received and ended up getting a free bag out of it. (Incidentally, Oreos make a good snack between dives. Esp. Oreos with peanut butter -- keeps you energized for HOURS.)

"To the Oreo gods:

As 22 year connoisseur of Oreos and a self-proclaimed world-clss dunker, I've seen a lot of Oreos. Now, while the Nabisco variation on the classic chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookie will always hold a senior ranking in my heart, I've noticed significant batch variation in terms of the flavor and hardness of the cookies. The best cookies, in my most humble opinion, are the hard cookies, though recently I've been hard pressed to round up a bag. In fact over the past months I've noticed a significant decline in cookie quality to the point where I literally have been dunking my most recent installment of Oreos for less than a second. This is a rediculous and shameful turn of events and I'm really upset about it. In a quality batch of oreos the dunk time is typically between 3 and five seconds -- the time it takes for the milk to saturate the cookie but before the last of the actual crunch disappears. I'm sure this sounds like a joke but I'm actually quite serious.
A bag of Oreos lasts me about five days which means that on average I'm spending (at $3 a bag) $219 dollars a year on them. I think I deserve a little better quality than I've been getting. Please tell me where and how to get my mitts on some top quality crunchiness. "

Response:

We're sorry to learn that your were disappointed with our product. According to our records
there hasn't been a recent formulation change. From what you described, it sounds like you may
have purchased a product that wasn't up to our quality standards.

We regret that you obtained a product that was inconsistent with its usual quality. We're sending
you reimbursement, via first class mail, which you should receive within 7-10 business days.

FREE OREOS -- RULE!!!

That is too good! I think I'll try it with Labatts and see where it gets me. If the truck pulls up at the house, I'll let you all know!

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
That is too good! I think I'll try it with Labatts and see where it gets me. If the truck pulls up at the house, I'll let you all know!

I forget which beer commercial it was. This guy goes "But I love you man" and the driver says: "Sorry man, no free beer"

oOo-oOo

Will Dive For Beer

Dan

in deed, I am sure ManSteak broke out of his cage to compose this email, but this was truely funny. I heard he was creating a petition for price fixing by nabisco :)
Spectre once bubbled...
Aaron let you touch his computer again. Man you really are a freak! :wink:

Yeah, good call on the beer. Last week when I was staying home to chill with Aaron's girlfriend, we spent the morning perusing the internet for free food. I tried Sam Adams and Ben and Jerries while she tried to crack Godiva chocolates. No response as yet from Sammy. As for B and J's -- that's a tough nut to crack. They ask for all the funny numbers on the back of the carton. Dirty rats! Good luck pirating more food, y'all.

-the king of A1

I actually did this with McDonalds! :lol: Every single time I go there, they will mess up my order somehow, someway, but they do. I will order food, go thru the drive thru, and arrive home to realize they left something out. True, I don't NEED my fries, and true I don't NEED syrup for my hotcakes...... but...... when you order several hamburger combos (not all for myself of course), and arrive home..... to realize everyone elses order was complete except mine (Only fries & a drink), you tend to get pissy!

So I wrote them an e-mail telling them that it never fails.... they always mess up my order at THAT PARTICULAR location. In return, I received $20 certificate for free food! hahaha

FREE IS GOOD....... fatty foods to make you fat is BAD!

Back
Top Bottom