Over breathing -- common?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Originally Posted by Luis H
I would suggest avoiding any auctions by "allegroauctions." I bought a MK5 from him, looked great in the photo, he sent me a different MK5, one that was pretty beat up and corroded. He took it back, but it was still a waste of time."

How did my name end up as part of that quote?
That is strage. :rolleyes:

"Originally Posted by Luis H
I would suggest avoiding any auctions by "allegroauctions." I bought a MK5 from him, looked great in the photo, he sent me a different MK5, one that was pretty beat up and corroded. He took it back, but it was still a waste of time."

How did my name end up as part of that quote?
That is strage. :rolleyes:

I probably did that.

I have a habit of taking things apart, and then occasionally putting them back together with the parts in the wrong place. I was rushing to get out the door and responding to two posts at the same time. Every member on the board has an ID. I must have accidentally pasted your id over the mattboy quote in the HTML dialog box. Oops.

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that a simple solution might be to keep the 1st and get something like an Aqualung Titan LX 2nd?

(if I could get a lot of improvement out of just replacing the 2nd, I'd probably stick with an Aqualung 2nd, if for no other reason then simplifying the service end of things)

Yup. There's really not too much difference in the first stage of a Conshelf and something like an Aqualung Legend. Switching the second stage to a high performance model would result in the best bang for the buck. Note that the Titan(not LX)/Calypso second stage is mechanically pretty much the same second stage as the Conshelf SE2, so look for balanced seconds if you decide to go that route. Titan LX second, Legend second, etc. Having a cracking effort adjustment is also nice, although not necessary. Seems like you'll have to get a Legend LX second for that.

Try a different gear, maybe thats the problem??
On my Mares Abyss at 40 meter it is for me impossible to overbreath it. It just delivers that much that you could hook an elephant on it and it can't overbreath. Or maybe you are a little bit sick, astma or something allergic you don't know about.
I remember to not getting enough air close to a wheat field (in the open air) but it feels the same as not enough air get delivered.....

I have never breathed on a Conshelf SE2, but I have done extensive diving on the venerable Conshelf XIV.
I can't image that you can overbreath any decent regulator

I would look into all a couple of things already mentioned here
1) wetsuit/drysuit fit- overly tight can cause decreased blood flow the brain, increased difficulting breathing etc... that you might not notice until you are working hard
2) physical fitness- if you are most Americans, including myself, we can stand to lose 10 pounds
3) cardopulminary health- talk to a doc with diving/ or hyperbaric experience and see what they say
4) get better fins
5) after all of that failed, look into a new regulator

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom