Oxycheq Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems like you could probably use a 30 but I read in another thread that the 45 has similar trim characteristics. Still, it seems that if there is a slight difference in drag maybe the 30 is good if it is most appropriate for your size. I am not sure about this, in the other thread some people said that the 45 is almost always the way to go. What does everyone else think?

I looked at the covci website, do you know which oxycheq wings he sells? Are those the new signature series wings or an older model?

Tekkie once bubbled...
Just to tell all Bp/Wing divers Oxycheq has 4 new wing models.
18# Single Tank Wing
30# Signature Series
45# Signature Series
70# Doubble Bladder
Singature Series are single tank bladders with an inter core and outer shell. Inter bladder can be replaced.
This might be the end for my halcyon pioneer. Ebay time.
No I dont work for oxycheq, comnon im 15. Just letting everyone know.
www.oxycheq.com/
Tekkie

How big is your pioneer?
How old is it?
How much do you want for it?

PM me.

Chris can get any of the Oxycheq wings that are being made. I have purchased a few things from COVCI and have found him to be honest, and full of good information. He dives what he sells. Very reasonable prices too. You can probably expect to pay in the $400 range for a complete set-up. Price will depend on aluminum or SS backplate, STA, and wing size. Good luck. You'll love the gear.

Matt

There are two I can think of immediately: Hollywood Divers in North Hollywood and SSA-Riverside. Both have websites, you can google them. Generally speaking, most stores that deal with rebreathers (Dolphin, Inspiration) have a relation with OxyCheq due to the sensors, parts & assecories they sell.

I was just wondering if anybody knew why the Oxycheq backplates sold by COVCI on their online site cost $115 which is less then they are on the Oxycheq site?
Also would you guys recommend buying from COVCI ? Thanks Imlooking at the 45lb wing.

Chris at COVCI offers discounted pricing - OxyCheq does not force resellers into fixed price agreements, and resellers are free to offer items at whatever price desired. Chris is just passing along a discount!

Chris is a member on this board as well - good guy to deal with.

Good, honest guy. When he could not fill an order, he informed me immediately and directed me to an alternate source. He could have gone to that source himself and skimmed a few bucks profit, but he didn't.

Yeah , I heard he is a good guy , just wanted to make sure I heard correctly and it appears that I did ....thanks guys

Hey I'm a fairly new diver but I got an Oxycheq 45# wing from Chris at COVCI and he sent it out at light speed! I just got back from G. Cayman and dove this thing for the first time out there with my FredT plate. Like I said, haven't been around diving all that long but this thing ROCKS! After several dives I was neutral with no air in the wing and I felt SOOOO unrestrained in this setup, no drag I could feel whether on my first dives with air in the wing or when I was where I wanted to be without air. Only wish I had the signature series now though...........Anyway thanks to all at SB that helped me get this setup! Here's a link of my trip and me with the BP/W
http://www.northeastcomputer.net/familypics/scuba/photos.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom