Oxycheq Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A question for anyone owning the oxycheq BP ... I have heard of burring problems with their BPs. I am interested in buying a package deal consisting of the 45# wing, BP, harness and tank adaptor, but someone I know mentioned that he received a couple of BPs requiring extensive de-burring.

Hey, don't know much about the Oxycheq BP's, but the FredT plate I got is of very high quality. You can buy a finished version of his plate for only $15.00 more. He also uses 316L stainless steel and I understand that offers superior corrosion resistance. He also has many options for tank adapters, harness kits, AL or SS plates etc. His D-rings have no welds and are from 316L stainless as well. He's on the board as FredT.

Can't speak directly to the Oxycheq plate: I bought mine from FredT since I needed AL, but I purchased their STA and it is nicely finished. I ordered FredT's plate in finished form, and it also is nicely done.

warren_l:
A question for anyone owning the oxycheq BP ... I have heard of burring problems with their BPs. I am interested in buying a package deal consisting of the 45# wing, BP, harness and tank adaptor, but someone I know mentioned that he received a couple of BPs requiring extensive de-burring.

I got an Oxycheq bp directly from Koplin that needed, IMO, some deburr. But it was less than my Halcyon needed. A few minutes with a fine file and deburr tool was all. Depends somewhat on what your tastes in finish are also. Some people like sharp slots so they keep the webbing in place better.

If in doubt, call Patrick and ask. He is very helpful on the phone.

MD

A little fairy told me that the new oxyxcheq signature series wings are shipping out the next week or so. These are the wings with the internal bladder... for us people with CATS.

Just got my 44# today. I'll try to get some pictures up on the board.
Greg

archman:
A little fairy told me that the new oxyxcheq signature series wings are shipping out the next week or so. These are the wings with the internal bladder... for us people with CATS.

plsdiver4377:
What is/will be the cost on these wings? Thanks
List price in the US is $340 for both the 30lb and 45lb. I believe that only the 45lb size has been released, the 30lb will be out in a few weeks.

Patrick of Oxycheq indicated that the 30# should be in on about the 25th. Same price, $340. I'm not familiar with the properties/durability of urethane. The inside of the protective 1000 ballistic nylon is coated with urethane and the bladder is constructed of a fairly heavy transluscent material. Oxycheq's spec's indicate that this bladder is also urethane. It is a little different approach fromt he Eclipse.
It's a nice looking piece. I'm thinking about picking up a 30# also. It is definetly beefier than my Pioneer, and nests around the tank much more. Can't wait to give it a try. I am relatively new to diving, and made this purchase based on feed back on Scuba Board. I think I'm going to like it. From what I've read, no other wing provides better trim.
The Signature does have an extra set of mounting holes, allowing for for/aft adjustment of wing on BP for fine tuning your trim.
We've had this blast of cold artic air dropping our temps to negative numbers, so it's probably going to be awhile before I have a chance to try it. Anticipation!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom