Oxycheq Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frwyfghtr:
Are these on backorder or is this a normal proscessing time for COVCI?
Having done business with Chris in the past, the only reason he wouldn't be shipping something is if he didn't have it himself. Expect him to be right on it when he gets 'em...

Roak

Just got my shipment notification from Chris. With any luck I can dive the new Signature Series wing this weekend.

I just confirmed that the 45# Signature series wing is not the same profile (its wider and longer) as the 30# wing. Some on this board have supported going with the 45# on the theory that it helps when bobbing around in rough seas but does not hurt at depth because profile is the same.

Two questions:

1. Who would just get the older model without the extra bladder protection due to the increased drag of the Sig series?

2. If I purchase the Wing and a FredT plate, where is a good place to get the straps/rings etc? I don't have much experience with wing setups, but would like to try it out. Should I just get a package deal rather than purchase pieces separately? Mostly concerned here about getting started.

Thanks

Where-ever you bought the wing should be able to supply the harness kit Patrick puts together. Personally I don't see any reason not to go with the OxyCheq backplate either as a package, unless you want one of the different-weight plates Fred makes.

You could go with the 30# sig series, a lot depends on what kind of diving you anticipate yourself doing, the 45# actually has a very low drag because of the inside gussets, I agree with Ben see what kind of package you could put together, again depending on your diving you may want to consider an O-Pack. Unless there is a particular reason for one of Fred's plates.

Hope its as good as you guys have been saying it is. :umnik:

bmuise:
Hope its as good as you guys have been saying it is. :umnik:
If your experience is like the divers I know that have the OxyCheq, you will be happy :cheeky:

Your only concern now, is when are you diving??

I just got back form a trip to Australia to dive the Great Barrier Reef. I dove my 45# OxyCheq with an O-Pack rather than taking my heavy backplate and it worked perfectly. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom