Question P-valve or "adult" diaper

Do you use a P-valve and condom catheter or an adult diaper for drysuit dives?

• P-Valve and condom catheter

Votes: 39 86.7%
  • Adult diaper

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey i am not saying the pee valve is not a better option. i just never bothered. for those that do really long deco dives etc i would only recommend the pee valve.

i was skeptical to use the diaper as well. believe me. but it honestly made zero mess. although i am not sure how many times you could use it. haha

i wore one many times but really only had to use it a couple of times. no biggy.

Catheter every time. I only know of one person who dives with nappies/dipers, and I'm damned if I'd want to, not least as you'd need a shower afterwards.

A catheter is easy to use, clean, and very convenient (yes, both meanings).

Not so hasty, the former might make for interesting conversation when you're still wearing your catheter and male barb at the line of urinals later.
Hey, whatever pays better... I'm down, lol. Maybe I'll start a poll
hey i am not saying the pee valve is not a better option. i just never bothered. for those that do really long deco dives etc i would only recommend the pee valve.

i was skeptical to use the diaper as well. believe me. but it honestly made zero mess. although i am not sure how many times you could use it. haha

i wore one many times but really only had to use it a couple of times. no biggy.
I have never not used a catheter. I am a 95 yr old man trapped in a 39 yr old body. I have to pee as soon as I zip the suit up. Maybe excitement, not sure... but I'll pee 6, 7, 8 times throughout a dive. It's never a lot, but when you gotta go it's so much better to just let loose.

And it's not that I can't hold it, I can.. it's just that last 20 min of a dive I'm thinking about peeing when I'd rather be enjoying the dive.

I have used a manual p-valve for years. Never fails.

Attachments

• pvalve.pdf
    134.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2614.JPG
    IMG_2614.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2613.JPG
    IMG_2613.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2592.JPG
    IMG_2592.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 14
I'm torn between 'manning up' and installing a P-valve in my drysuit, or just using an adult diaper.

I'm looking for feedback from my male colleagues.
For dives of around 70-90 minutes my wife sometimes forgoes her She-P and just uses a diaper (though she often uses a diaper as back-up with the She-P). I borrowed a diaper once when I had some problem with my p-valve and hated it. It might be okay for someone who rarely pees, but if you're a frequent pee-er it becomes immediately uncomfortable after the first pee. I probably pee two or three times on a 70+ minute dive, and more on a longer dive. As much as attaching a tube to your penis sounds uncomfortable, it's not as uncomfortable as a sludge-filled diaper.

For dives of around 70-90 minutes my wife sometimes forgoes her She-P and just uses a diaper (though she often uses a diaper as back-up with the She-P). I borrowed a diaper once when I had some problem with my p-valve and hated it. It might be okay for someone who rarely pees, but if you're a frequent pee-er it becomes immediately uncomfortable after the first pee. I probably pee two or three times on a 70+ minute dive, and more on a longer dive. As much as attaching a tube to your penis sounds uncomfortable, it's not as uncomfortable as a sludge-filled diaper.

Thank God I have a gazanktagazoid and don't have to mess with a she-p. I really feel for woman, I might opt for a diaper if I had to go through that.

Thank God I have a gazanktagazoid and don't have to mess with a she-p. I really feel for woman, I might opt for a diaper if I had to go through that.
If you really had a “gazantktagazoid”, your wife/gf would not be looking for other devices.

Approx twenty-five years ago, when I was doing Deep Air and Advanced Deep Air dives in the Great Lakes (so, 25-30 min BT's with <= 01:30 hh:mm RT's), adult diapers sufficed for me. And I actually never once had to exercise the option. FWIW.

rx7diver

Approx twenty-five years ago, when I was doing Deep Air and Advanced Deep Air dives in the Great Lakes (so, 25-30 min BT's with <= 01:30 hh:mm RT's), adult diapers sufficed for me. And I actually never once had to exercise the option. FWIW.

rx7diver

How in the world can you do a 1h30m dive in cold water and not have to pee?! Are you sure you weren't dehydrated? I can't do a 30-minute dive in warm water and not pee let alone 1h30m in cold water. Immersion diuresis hits me hard. Is it that variable person to person?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom