Paddle Wheel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadog1969

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to find it saturday if any one can give me some help i would very much appreciate it i wont tell anyone if i get some hint but if i have to do it by my self i will

You aint rite bug man

thats how u going to be then i am going to make a large sign and take it with me i will find it i will post the sign and tell everyone on here if you are going to be that way

Just look for Mat's car parked on the shoulder.

The Paddlewheeler is West of the Whiskey Wreck and east of Fort Morgan, on the wet side of the sand, as bugman said. If you reach Paul's Shrimpboat, you've gone too far.

scubadog, dont take things so personally...its something that he found as ive heard and doesnt want it getting ruined.

thats how u going to be then i am going to make a large sign and take it with me i will find it i will post the sign and tell everyone on here if you are going to be that way

Go for it, it took me about 2 years and several outings in my boat to find it. Nobody told me where it was, nobody showed me, I had to go out and find it. The locals around here have kept the location quiet for a reason, they want somewhere to go where they don't have to fight the crowds. Can you blame them? I didn't, and I respect there wishes not to let the location go public.

Do what you feel you have to do, but be prepared to disgruntle lots of locals by posting its location in the public. Make your sign real BIG, so if there's an east wind, you can use it as a sail!

Not that I'm worried, you won't find it. I look forward to hearing you cry about it some more :p Let us know how it is, doing some of your own legwork!

scubadog, dont take things so personally...its something that he found as ive heard and doesnt want it getting ruined.

I wasn't like the first to dive it or anything. It just took me 2 years to locate it because I couldn't find anyone to show me where it was. It was that much better once I found the location on my own anyway.

I will find it i have something u didn't have just not going to tell what that is:crafty::banana: so u can stop :crying: about it lol

If he finds it on his own, then he's not really breaking anyone's confidence to broadcast it across the internet. It may not be the best idea, but I can't see that as making him a "******". If BugMan or someone else takes him to the spot under the condition of keeping it secret and he blabs, then yes, that would be pretty douche-y.

I'm pretty sure that BugMan hasn't found any gold coins (good for him if he did) or topless mermaids (also good) there in the past, and there are plenty of easier places to dive in the area, so I really don't see why it's such an issue anyway.

If it's killing you not to dive it Robert, then you should offer to buy BugMan a beer and some hot wings. He may be inclined to give you a personal tour. Just be sure to respect your guide's wishes if he's nice enough to share his spot with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have fun, its on the wet side of the Gulf.

I should have known you would be behind all this. First let me start by saying Glade your still around Sir I thought them caves would have claimed you before now. For some time now I have been absent from the board here then all of a sudden I start getting PM's notices in my emails and then a couple have found my email over this wreck. And it seem you are still guarding it well. :lotsalove:

Bug man I hope you don't get piss#d at me but us Locale's have held this secrete for many many years and it's time to come clean

Folks that wreck lies on the bottom on the Gulf Side and for the guy that said he has something Matt didn't a word of advise, if you bring a boat inside that sandbar you will buy yourself a large ticket:no:

Mr. Bug man it was good to see you again even if it is just in a post take care and watch them caves my friend :D

Back
Top Bottom