PADI Advance OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txdiver007

Reaction score
This weekend I just did my Advance OW from PADI and it was awesome. The more I dive the more I like it. Is becoming like an addiction. I can't wait to go again. I just wanted to share this feeling with other divers with hope they understand how I feel.

I for one do. If you had fun doing the AOW, I would highly suggest doing the Stress and Rescue Course as well. From personal experience as well as others comments, it's the most fun you'll ever have taking a diving course. I can honestly say that the course made me a better diver right after taking it and my skills improved even more over time. The knowledge you'll gain and the scenarios you'll perform will really get your reflexes and brain thinking until you get to the point that it becomes second nature.
Congratulations and hope you have fun the more you dive.

txdiver007:
This weekend I just did my Advance OW from PADI and it was awesome. The more I dive the more I like it. Is becoming like an addiction. I can't wait to go again. I just wanted to share this feeling with other divers with hope they understand how I feel.

welcome to the club! i cant wait to dive and diving is always on my mind. man am i hooked! why dont you consider rescue classes in the enar future

Your excitement is contagious.

I've been working seven days straight for the last 4 years so not much water time for me. Am selling this business and will be getting back into wet mode soon I hope.

Have dived in Bali recently [5 dives] and am doing my AOW in next couple of months. It was either do a refresher course or do AOW and in discussions with my LDS on the diving I had done recently we decided to do the AOW. But I will only dive to about 20mts. for a while to get my skills and experience upto scratch.

I have done some deep and night diving [with Instructor & DM] so AOW will not be totally new.

When I did my NAUI Scuba certification we did deep and night dives.

txdiver007:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

Definitely understand how you feel coz you definitely understand how I feel!!!!:D

I am hooked with anything that's about diving, skills, equipments, and etc. I even watch NGC and Discovery Channel alot for their programs about anything underwater, may it be wrecks or marine life. Just can't get enough of it. I enjoy diving even it is just swimming around and didn't find anything interesting. As long as I am "in the water". It's one place I can fly like Superman!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished the AOW as well, and simply can't wait until December when I can go diving again, this time in the Bahamas. I think it's great how easy PADI has made it to keep folks interested and to learn more.

I am so glad to know I am not the only one. I became an instructor this year I have to tell that made diving even better. Not only do I get to dive but I get to get others into diving. Please after the advanced take the rescue and the divemaster class. Then you to can work with students introducing them to diving. I have to tell all of you this.
I certified a 10 year old young man this summer. we have stayed in touch and dived together several times. Yesterday he called me to wanted me to help him do a science project on something about diving. we are working on it now. That is what being a PADI Instructor is all about. I would recomment it to everyone. HAPPY DIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished the Rescue Exam and the exercises We have the sinerios scheduled for next sunday at a local dive site. I am having a great time doing the Rescue Class. I should have done it last year

Thank you all. Good, now I know I'm not going crazy just getting a diver high. Hey, Wunat, I also love watching the discovery channel about diving. I will take the rescue course, just going to have to wait to it gets a little warmer. Last weekend the water was cold. It was worst went I got out of the water were the cool wind was blowing.

I got to something share, during my Navigation dive for the AOW, we had to go out and use the compass. We had to go out and swim about 40 kicks cycle and do a square and come back using the compass. Well if you have ever dived in Lake Travis, you will know that the visibility is very poor, it was about 4ft. On top of that it was evening already and the little light we got during the day it was quickly vanishing. Anyway, me and my buddy headed out and swam the 40 kicks. At one point our compasses went wacko and I said "s***" now we are lost because it was dark every where we looked. But we looked at each other and try to get on course. Well, luckly we did, we end up at the starting point. I was never happier then to see that platform. I wanted to kiss it. I learned that navigation is very important and I'm going to practice it more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom