PADI Nitrox training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhspb

Contributor
Reaction score
Columbus, Ohio (home of at least a few Wolverines)
I have heard that PADI is redoing ... or has recently redone ... its EAN/Nitrox training materials. I bought the older book a few weeks ago in anticipation of completing the course and open water work later this month.

Are the 2 versions significantly different? Should I get the newer materials?

Joe

except that it no longer includes BOTH metric and imperial. You buy one or the other. A quick analysis of the Knowledge Reviews show that the questions are basically the same -- just split into two in the new version. There is a difference in the order of the question and I think one question was added or dropped.

The material has been restructured to present the 'theory' in the first section with the 2nd section focused on the mechanics of using the EANx32, EANx36 RDPs and the EAD and Oxygen Saturation slates.

The video is now on DVD and is organized quite well to help you easily focus on a particular area where you may want some reinforcement (one of the advantages of DVD)

From a student perspective, you probably want to determine WHICH version your instructor will be teaching from (because of order). The new exam is 25 questions vs. 50 for the old.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom