PADI Photographer video helpful?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone having viewed this video, your insight would be greatly appreciated. My trip to Curacao is only a few weeks away and I'm looking for any additional references to heighten my UW photography experience w/ Canon A620, Ikelite DS125 and EV-Controller. Unfortunately, the dive season has, for all intent and purposes, come to an end locally and reserving pool time is particularly tough. Although, I plan on eventually taking an UW photography course, simply curious if the video's content would be helpful, particulary with regards to aperture and shutter speed setting applications. Thanks...

I would think that a donation to PADI for your "underwater videographer" "certification" would be a waste of money, when you're already a ScubaBoard member. There's so much great information here. Just look around a little, or ask in the photography forum.

But I'm one of those "like to figure it out for myself kind of people" If you feel the need to persue instruction from a professional, then do so... But personally, I would just ask a question here if I had one.

Actually there is some useful information in the video. I still have my students watch it - or at least parts of it :wink:

There is also a ton of information here...you can have a look at the "getting started with the Canon A series" thread, I think it's stickied, for some ideas. The info there applies to virtually all systems, not just the Canon As.

Grab a copy of Jim Church's Essential Guide to Composition - it's fabulous and is a must have. You'll go back to it time and time again. It goes beyond composition to talk about shutter speeds, apertures and other choices you can make.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom