Padi PIC form

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eBay has posts offering the training materials packages for many different cert agencies.

You need to hook up with an independent PADI instructor or shop if you are wishing to start the online portion of a course if that is what you are inquiring about. A PIC is not something a non instructor can purchase. Hope that helps.

Why do you want one? All instructors have them or if through a centre the far better online option.
Not thinking of certifying yourself are you?......

You can't purchase online PIC credits directly. These can only be purchased by PADI professionals and submitted via the PADI professionals website (access to which requires current, renewed PADI Pro membership at Instructor level).

You may be able to purchase paper PICs via Ebay or CraigsList, but again these need to be completed, signed and submitted by a current status PADI instructor.

Likewise, some course crewpacks include a paper PIC for certification of the course. These also need to be completed, signed and submitted by a current status PADI instructor.

Sourcing PICs sadly isn't hard. And i am aware first hand of some incidents of fraud with people certifying themselves using an unknown instructors details.

hi guys, thanks for the replies. anyway i'm not certifying myself, i've had my ow and aow and will be taking rescue soon. you see i bought three books from padi all of which are courses that are mentioned above and my instructor asked me if the books i purchased had PIC's in them, i was told by my instructor that the PIC'S that i filled up and signed was lost and need to buy a new one. so here i am asking if i could purchase them myself online.

That should not be your responsibility. That is the fault of your instructor. If he is current he can get them and reaplace them at his cost if he lost them. Sounds like a racket to me.

Agree. Sounds very suspicious to me. Every PIC has a serial number so it is traceable. Sounds to me like the instructor wants some free pics off you. Its not your responsibility, don't get involved.

you see i bought three books from padi all of which are courses that are mentioned above and my instructor asked me if the books i purchased had PIC's in them,

Manuals sold directly between PADI and students don't have PICs. Your instructor should know that.

Why didn't your instructor just supply the course manuals and PICs in the first place? As part of the course?

This wasn't, by any chance, a referral? (started with one instructor/centre and finished with a different one).

i was told by my instructor that the PIC'S that i filled up and signed was lost and need to buy a new one. so here i am asking if i could purchase them myself online.

He lost your PIC cards? And he asks you to replace them? Jeez...... :shakehead:

Here is where you probably stand (based on what you've explained)... You paid for certain courses and certifications with PADI. You completed those courses. It is now the instructor's responsibility to certify you with PADI. If he doesn't, or can't, then report the matter directly to PADI..and let them resolve it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom