Pattaya diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually I don't want to start another Pattaya thread. And I don't want to start a bashing thread.....there are too many already.

Over Chinese New Year I'll be in Pattaya again. Who gives currently the best deal for a day trip? I have of course on equipment.

Please don't start....which DC is good which is bad, who has the best boat etc etc.. As long as I get some freedom I don't care too much.

Over Chinese New Year I'll be in Pattaya again. Who gives currently the best deal for a day trip? I have of course on equipment.

Why would you not do this on your own so that you could get all the correct information and all questions answered?

I am assuming you have a telephone and/or email account.
John

Why would you not do this on your own so that you could get all the correct information and all questions answered?

I am assuming you have a telephone and/or email account.
John

Yeah I'll do that, but there are a lot companies and I don't know them all, I wasn't there for a while.
If I get a good hint it saves me a lot time. Like a got in the past an amazing deal from Dive Asia (I think former Paradise) direct after they took over Paradise.
There might be some new companies I don't know giving good offers...

You mentioned some EANx deal you got a while back, is that op still around? It might be the one you mentioned above. Everyone seems to indicate Seaduction is worth a go.

Ask Jamie Mac, he has lots of contacts up there and will give you a straight answer.

Make sure you have room booked already, Im also traveling over Chinese new year always fun but rooms can get fully booked everywhere.

Personally I would give the big boys a try up there, my friends have been out with Roger (tech stuff) from Aquanaughts and loved it.

Have fun.

why not get in touch with some of the Bangkok based Thai operators and save yourself a stack of money along the way.
I have always been more than happy with the service recieved.

The old paradise shops and the dive site that it changed into are all now part of the mermaids organisation.

You mentioned some EANx deal you got a while back, is that op still around? It might be the one you mentioned above. Everyone seems to indicate Seaduction is worth a go.

A while ago I got a good deal from Dive Asia.
5 daytrips at 4500 Baht. As I made Nitrox with them and they offer to give Nitrox for the rest of your life for free if make the course with them...I got Nitrox.

But they are bought from Mermaid.

why not get in touch with some of the Bangkok based Thai operators and save yourself a stack of money along the way.
I have always been more than happy with the service recieved.

The old paradise shops and the dive site that it changed into are all now part of the mermaids organisation.

do you have contact informations about the BKK based ones? I don't know any of them.

I am a mermaids divemaster and we have IIRC 4 shops in pattaya and one in Bangkok at "Amarin plaza" I believe but don't quote me on that. It costs 2500thb per day when you buy 4 days you get the 5th free if you want to add equipment rental the price goes up. If you meet up with me before hand I would happily give you 5% off (that gives me 5% commission and being a student every little helps). I am not officially affiliated with the shop just a student of their's working to be an instructor. I will only be in Pattaya for the week between 4-11th of February as I need to go to Thet with family in Vietnam. Pm me if you want to take advantage of my offer.

Other dive companies off the top of my head are:
Neptune divers (mainly scandinavian)
Marine project (mainly japanese)
Adventure divers (similar operation to mermaids)
Aquanuts (only ever seems to go the near islands from what I have seen)
Pattayadivecentre (have the fastest boat I have seen)
Mermaids (main advantage is we do wreck diving on the suddahib from samaesan everyday as well as the far islands)
Seafari (I believe they only go to the near islands and rent others boats if they want to go further a field)
Seaduction

Last edited:
I am a mermaids divemaster and we have IIRC 4 shops in pattaya and one in Bangkok at "Amarin plaza" I believe but don't quote me on that. It costs 2500thb per day when you buy 4 days you get the 5th free if you want to add equipment rental the price goes up. If you meet up with me before hand I would happily give you 5% off (that gives me 5% commission and being a student every little helps). I am not officially affiliated with the shop just a student of their's working to be an instructor. I will only be in Pattaya for the week between 4-11th of February as I need to go to Thet with family in Vietnam. Pm me if you want to take advantage of my offer.

Other dive companies off the top of my head are:
Neptune divers (mainly scandinavian)
Marine project (mainly japanese)
Adventure divers (similar operation to mermaids)
Aquanuts (only ever seems to go the near islands from what I have seen)
Pattayadivecentre (have the fastest boat I have seen)
Mermaids (main advantage is we do wreck diving on the suddahib from samaesan everyday as well as the normal coral)

thanks! I hoped to find something cheaper than 2500 Baht. But that Mermaid is going daily to Satahip is real nice information.

If I go with them (not sure yet) and you Private Message me your name, I'll tell that you sold it to me (don't need the 5% discount in that case).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom