Pay extra for doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That doesn't make sense... It's not fair that you get 2- 3 dives out of a fill of a set of doubles, when someone with 2 singles will get 2 dives? You get the same amount or more dives off a fill. What's not fair?

It may have been awkwardly worded, but I believe you two agree..

I usually only pay to fill my doubles at places that charge by the ft^3. Would be tough diving 3rds and min starting volume to pay by the tank. Maybe not the rentals in Mexico, I can't remember how we did the air. I just remember it came from the middle of the jungle.

When I lived in Jeddah back in the 90s I could fill up three 8L stubbies for the price of two 12L tanks so three tanks filled for the price of two fills

In Dubai you pay per fill whatever size tank you have from pony to a 16L, not sure about doubles though as I don't own any, but I would agree that given the current fill policy if the doubles are open to both tanks then the fill should be same as for a single tank.

Two different gases though will be two different fills though.

I like the idea of paying per cu foot, then my pony bottle would cost less for a Nitrox fill, my air pony gets filled for free at one of the dive centers I use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom