Peeing in a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just like the astronut when driving xcountry

The Kraken:
Well, I suppose putting kitty litter in your D/S and peeing in it is one way to take care of floaty feet, but I think I'd prefer ankle weights !!! :11:

the K
um yeah...
but if somone was so inclined to try the kity litter...
i would recomend the odor absorbing kind... and mabe avoid eating asparagus the night before

fisherdvm:
I am going to start dry suit class in a few weeks. There has been time when I swear, diving makes me wants to pee.

I see that they have condom catheter and bags that you can strap in your leg... Have you considered using that before??

Think about it like this... if you're doing a shore dive with a 45 min bottom time, you add a bout 20 minutes for the surface swim in and surface swim out, add 10 minutes for the time it takes you to gear up and do buddy checks. Add another 10 minutes to get out of your gear and your drysuit. You are talking about almost an hour and a half from the time you zip your drysuit closed before you can get to the bathroom.

No imagine if you had a long surface swim and good SAC rate.

The p-valve is one of the best things you could do for yourself as a male drysuit diver.

First, my experience is that immersion diuresis seems to be reduced when diving in a drysuit so you might not have the same urges as before. If you do, just get a p-valve, not a bag. Fish pee in the water, so you can, too.

My question would be this, how many times per day do you go pee-pee.
Now divide that by 24.

Plan your dive, dive your plan.

the K

The Kraken:
My question would be this, how many times per day do you go pee-pee.
Now divide that by 24.

Plan your dive, dive your plan.

the K
ME= alot
and i have no pee valve and have yet to soil my drysuit.

Don't drink water, Fish Pee in it

Diesel298:
you have too pee when you get in theh water because the added pressure on you body naturally increases the body blood pressure slightly causing the urge to go. then theres the whole cyco babble logical bs about it as well people makin more of a issue outa it than need be..
so.
option 1
man up and deal with it.
option 2
get a pee valve. ( use this when needed only.... think of it more as a bladder bail out, not to be used as part of your normal dive plan )
option 3
diaper
hey to each there own. some people are into that kinda thing.
option 4 go ahead and just pee, its not my suit...

now on a thread about this in the past i recall a suggestion of kitty litter in you boots.. :lol:
i dont recomend it but i did find it humorous.

Why is this a bladder bail out? Of course my dive plan never includes pissing but when I feel the urge, I go. I put the catheter on, I might as well make use of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom