peeing in suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wondering... how much water is there normally in a wetsuit when diving?
So, maybe if you pee in your suit, the amount of "bubbleless beer" is enough to fill the whole suit and keeps you a bit extra warm for the moment?

As I said... just wondering... :wink:

But where do you pee underwater as there are no trees? Underwater toilets, if they can do it in space, why not 30ft down?

It's lost thermal energy from your body any way you look at it so the short term warmth is a false comfort. Diving with a full bladder is no fun either though so let it rip.

How much water is it the suit depends entirely on the fit and for males probaby ranges from a few ounces to a few pints. The biggest volume is probably in the crotch area with near zero, just wetness in the arms and legs. Booties will have some water volime too. Females probably end up with some extra water volume in the chest area depending on built and cut of their suit.

I have never felt the sensation extend much beyond the thigh/groin area. If your well hydrated it will be mild enough and diluted by natural water to be of no consequence given a basic rinsing.

Pete

HAiko:
Just wondering... how much water is there normally in a wetsuit when diving?
So, maybe if you pee in your suit, the amount of "bubbleless beer" is enough to fill the whole suit and keeps you a bit extra warm for the moment?

As I said... just wondering... :wink:

But where do you pee underwater as there are no trees? Underwater toilets, if they can do it in space, why not 30ft down?

The Kraken:
But seriously, would a "P" valve work with a wet suit????

I don't think that you would need the valve, just the tubing to run out of the suit...

I've thought about adding this to my wetsuits- really it would just be a long tube to exit out the leg or crotch.

If you don't feel so DIY, then you could just flush your suit before you exit the water. it also helps to tug at the wrist and ankles to let a little water in. When the stench gets really bad, wash your suit in the enzyme stuff or baking soda.

Unbalanced P-valves are cheap and streamlined - they are really the way to go with wetsuits. Even if you don't mind swimming around in your own urine - all that pee certainly does a number on the suit over time.

Azza:
A friend of mine had a "comfort zip" put in his semi dry. He loved it. He would just cruise along, unzip, release his tackle, and pee freely.
I can't imagine unlimbering the timber in 40-50 degree water. Talk about shrinkage... :11:

cmalinowski:
I can't imagine unlimbering the timber in 40-50 degree water. Talk about shrinkage... :11:
Might not make it out of the zip you reckon?

You can also get a "Scupper" put into your suit, which is like an elongated tube that closes at the end. Kinda hard to describe. These dont let much water in but do let it out. A lot of the free-divers around here use them as they spend all day in the water.
You simply place your John Thomas into the scupper as you gear up and then pee freely:)

Peeing in your wetsuit is terrific, and needed to prolong a dive. I dove for 3 yrs with a wetsuit (the same wetsuit) and would force myself to drink as much gaterade or water as possible before my dive so I could warm myself up often. You get good at peeing on yourself and end up like a dog, going every ten minutes. It is glorious, and anyone who's tried it in sub 50 deg water will tell you likewise. The stench will dicipate with sink the stink, and I do not recomend public dining or shopping after a dive as your body will give off one nasty odor. Only your non dive buddies will question you, but the rest of us know why because we all do it!

mtsidford:
Peeing in your wetsuit is terrific, and needed to prolong a dive. I dove for 3 yrs with a wetsuit (the same wetsuit) and would force myself to drink as much gaterade or water as possible before my dive so I could warm myself up often. You get good at peeing on yourself and end up like a dog, going every ten minutes. It is glorious, and anyone who's tried it in sub 50 deg water will tell you likewise. The stench will dicipate with sink the stink, and I do not recomend public dining or shopping after a dive as your body will give off one nasty odor. Only your non dive buddies will question you, but the rest of us know why because we all do it!

That is just nasty. I never ever ever do that nasty thing in my wetsuit. Yuck, yuck and double yuck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom