Perdix AI and bluetooth...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, it has been quite the challenge keeping everything logged as I have a Petrel1 and a PedrixAI to try and maintain data for....

Compounding that is Windows10, Android (various), and Windows7 devices

Desktop and Cloud for SW, and Subsurface....

I've hacked my way through this, but can't specifically remember how, and it was in no efficient way....

What are people's experiences with a Mac? I've got a Macbook Pro and its a nightmare to sync via bluetooth with my Perdix AI. Downloading dives is very iffy and updating firmware has been next to impossible. I contacted Shearwater and the fix they sent me was ludicrous. Any suggestions? I'm usually a huge fan of Shearwater but this is starting to change my mind.

What are people's experiences with a Mac? I've got a Macbook Pro and its a nightmare to sync via bluetooth with my Perdix AI. Downloading dives is very iffy and updating firmware has been next to impossible. I contacted Shearwater and the fix they sent me was ludicrous. Any suggestions? I'm usually a huge fan of Shearwater but this is starting to change my mind.
I tried their various fixes for an Apple and even used a PC in desperation. I never could make it work with anything other than my IPhone. Maybe someone can educate me, but they've never got this worked out for desktops.

I found that ALL of my problems with a WIN10 PC were related to the PC and its BT implementation.
I have to turn off BT, then turn it back on, before the SW connect will happen.
I don't think the WIN10 BT-LE implementation is nearly as good as the one on my Android phone or tablet.

I found that ALL of my problems with a WIN10 PC were related to the PC and its BT implementation.
I have to turn off BT, then turn it back on, before the SW connect will happen.
I don't think the WIN10 BT-LE implementation is nearly as good as the one on my Android phone or tablet.
Any Apple Experience?

I tried their various fixes for an Apple and even used a PC in desperation. I never could make it work with anything other than my IPhone. Maybe someone can educate me, but they've never got this worked out for desktops.

I actually found a fix. I loaded Shearwater Cloud and was able to sync and download the latest Firmware. It shouldn't be this hard.

What are people's experiences with a Mac? I've got a Macbook Pro and its a nightmare to sync via bluetooth with my Perdix AI. Downloading dives is very iffy and updating firmware has been next to impossible.
I've never had a problem. Currently using an iMac, Teric, and Perdix AI without issue.

I’ve got a 2016 MacBook Air and I’ve never gotten my Perdix to connect to it. Always worked just fine with iPhone - 6 and currently 8 Plus. I just use the Shearwater app for updates and such.

Have you tried uploading to:
  • Subsurface on your max
  • Subsurface mobile on your phone ?
I upload directly to my phone and sync using subsurface cloud to my desktop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom